FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FOREVER...I'm NOT GOING HOME!! UPDATE DEC.30 PG 74

Exciting to hear about your move. Our only DD21 is hoping for a career with Disney after graduation in May, so I think DH & I will end up in Florida, too!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you. It's great for young people to follow their dreams and even better when mom and dad can be nearby :thumbsup2

cant... stop... reading!! You guys are so entertaining! Love living vicariously thru you!!!!

the DCP was something i have always wanted to do but it didnt fit in my schedule in college and now that i am a has been and in the real world I just dont think the oppurtunity will ever arise!!!

Maybe i will see you at the seas when i visit at the end of october!!!

Do you still live in DCP housing or did you move in with your parents!

cant... stop... reading!! You guys are so entertaining! Love living vicariously thru you!!!!

the DCP was something i have always wanted to do but it didnt fit in my schedule in college and now that i am a has been and in the real world I just dont think the oppurtunity will ever arise!!!

Maybe i will see you at the seas when i visit at the end of october!!!

Do you still live in DCP housing or did you move in with your parents!

Glad you're enjoying it!
Caitlin felt the same way during her undergrad so she was really happy she could fit it in during her Masters program.

If you see her say "Hi"

She wasn't very happy in the DCP housing so she has moved in with us. Its nice to have the whole family together :goodvibes

Of course I don't want to know the exact address, but are you North, South, East, or West of WDW? My wife wants us to possible purchase a place in "Celebration, FL". Did you guys go for an area like that or something further out? How's the driving around where you live? Are there roads that can get you around the normal congestion? When not on-site we stay on or near 535 most trips. Not a great place to drive during any time of the year... :)

Y-ASK

Of course I don't want to know the exact address, but are you North, South, East, or West of WDW? My wife wants us to possible purchase a place in "Celebration, FL". Did you guys go for an area like that or something further out? How's the driving around where you live? Are there roads that can get you around the normal congestion? When not on-site we stay on or near 535 most trips. Not a great place to drive during any time of the year... :) Y-ASK

Wondered the same. :-)
If I'm going to live in Florida I would love to be near the beach, but if DD is in Kissimmee, we want to be close enough too. I may be taking a fact finding trip in the spring!

Of course I don't want to know the exact address, but are you North, South, East, or West of WDW? My wife wants us to possible purchase a place in "Celebration, FL". Did you guys go for an area like that or something further out? How's the driving around where you live? Are there roads that can get you around the normal congestion? When not on-site we stay on or near 535 most trips. Not a great place to drive during any time of the year... :)

Y-ASK

We are southeast of Disney and our complex's property actually backs up to Disney property. There are many Disney CMs who live here. We are in Orlando between Celebration and Dr. Phillips. For Caitlin going to work she takes the back roads and avoids all the traffic. Dale takes I4 to work and the traffic varies by the time of day. Strangely the busiest time is mid-afternoon not rush hour like we are used to in Michigan.

Wondered the same. :-)
If I'm going to live in Florida I would love to be near the beach, but if DD is in Kissimmee, we want to be close enough too. I may be taking a fact finding trip in the spring!

We are about an hour from Cocoa Beach. Next month we are going to Vero Beach for Dale's birthday. I'll let you know how long that takes :)

Yay, I'm so glad you're posting too! It makes complete sense.

That dogs day at Disney looks so fun! My pup unfortunately loves people too much to do something like that. I wouldn't be able to contain her excitement, and while people are okay with that from a small dog, not so much from a siberian husky.

I am so glad that you're finally settling in and that your belongings arrived! What a nightmare. I can't even imagine.

We are about an hour from Cocoa Beach. Next month we are going to Vero Beach for Dale's birthday. I'll let you know how long that takes :)

Thanks!! Right now we're starting to think Cocoa Beach. But we will need to see if that makes sense! DH is from Michigan, too, but moved to NJ for me!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yay, I'm so glad you're posting too! It makes complete sense.

That dogs day at Disney looks so fun! My pup unfortunately loves people too much to do something like that. I wouldn't be able to contain her excitement, and while people are okay with that from a small dog, not so much from a siberian husky.

I am so glad that you're finally settling in and that your belongings arrived! What a nightmare. I can't even imagine.

Thank you! :)

It was so fun and it made us feel "local". Your pup is adorable and she'll calm down as she gets older.

Thank you. It was very, very stressful worrying if our stuff would arrive and what condition it would be in. Thankfully we only ended up with a couple broken coffee mugs.

Thank you! :)

It was so fun and it made us feel "local". Your pup is adorable and she'll calm down as she gets older.

Thank you. It was very, very stressful worrying if our stuff would arrive and what condition it would be in. Thankfully we only ended up with a couple broken coffee mugs.

LOL. She's actually 9 years old already, almost 10. I thinks she's going to be an eternal puppy. :lmao:

Dad met her

Zam!! One of my favorites!!

I love that you were Lotso and Ben was Sid!! Not what I normally think of when I hear "villians" which is what makes it so awesome!

Hi Dawn! So cool that you're joining in on the report!! I saw the Dog Days pics on FB and Instagram and I think that is the coolest idea. I think that would be the day I would definitely want to be working!!! All those dogs would just melt me heart.

So sorry about your tooth. I also have white coat syndrome, so I feel for you!!! Glad it all worked out :goodvibes

Zam!! One of my favorites!!

I love that you were Lotso and Ben was Sid!! Not what I normally think of when I hear "villians" which is what makes it so awesome!

Hi Dawn! So cool that you're joining in on the report!! I saw the Dog Days pics on FB and Instagram and I think that is the coolest idea. I think that would be the day I would definitely want to be working!!! All those dogs would just melt me heart.

So sorry about your tooth. I also have white coat syndrome, so I feel for you!!! Glad it all worked out :goodvibes

We are big Toy Story fans so it was fun for each of us to be one of their villains.

Hi and thanks :)

For "dog people" it was a super fun day!

Thanks and me too :)

dawn, glad your family is finally all together, as well as your furniture

how cool, being able to hear the fireworks from your apartment!

ypsie is very cute and seemed happy to be in the MK that day

you are all living the dream there, literally! :goodvibes

Tell Caitlin she missed Star Wars night at Comerica Park tonight.

She actually had tickets for that game. She bought them when individual game tickets went on sale last winter before she knew she was doing the DCP. When she got in the DCP she gave them to Dale and me and then we moved she sold them on Stub Hub. The pics I saw on Facebook looked fun. Were you there?

dawn, glad your family is finally all together, as well as your furniture

how cool, being able to hear the fireworks from your apartment!

ypsie is very cute and seemed happy to be in the MK that day

you are all living the dream there, literally! :goodvibes

Thank you.
Ypsi had a great time.

Yes we are and we are enjoying it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter