for the love of mickey - a PTR

so got my tax return money in my account last night (only 5 business days after lodgement, so they're pretty quick this year). dumped that straight on the card we'll be taking with us for 'spending money'.

i've calculated our remaining expenses to be saved/paid, and we have approx $4800 to save in the next 18 weeks. :scared1::scared1: i know that's only $270 a week or thereabouts, but that's a lot of money to be taken out of our budget each week, and my immediate manager kinda warned me this morning that my job is in serious jeopardy, so if i lose that, i will have to survive the next 18 weeks on a single income (carlo's) while still paying for all of our expenses and putting money aside for the trip.

i don't think i could find a new job that would let me take leave within the first 18 weeks, and especially not for a 4 week holiday...

and probably not with my previous job's references saying i had too much sick leave :)

so got my tax return money in my account last night (only 5 business days after lodgement, so they're pretty quick this year). dumped that straight on the card we'll be taking with us for 'spending money'.

i've calculated our remaining expenses to be saved/paid, and we have approx $4800 to save in the next 18 weeks. :scared1::scared1: i know that's only $270 a week or thereabouts, but that's a lot of money to be taken out of our budget each week, and my immediate manager kinda warned me this morning that my job is in serious jeopardy, so if i lose that, i will have to survive the next 18 weeks on a single income (carlo's) while still paying for all of our expenses and putting money aside for the trip.

i don't think i could find a new job that would let me take leave within the first 18 weeks, and especially not for a 4 week holiday...

and probably not with my previous job's references saying i had too much sick leave :)

:hug: to be perfectly honest they don't deserve you and you need to go somewhere else, I think you should put your feelers out there and get out of that toxic environment I understand what your saying about other employers but DH got time of and so did someone else's DH most employers are very lenient about already booked holidays.

Maybe try living on one wage now and putting yours completely to the holiday you know you can do it you have before sure things will be tight but you will be on forced saving.

I will have to check our bank and see if DH's is refunded yet:)

I am PMing you as well
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter