for the love of mickey - a PTR

ok so i just checked out our flights with southwest, doing a little recon for when i want to actually purchase them in a few weeks time... and they are back down to $219/$220... so friday, they were $220, sat, sun, mon, tue, wed they were up to $280, then thur they are back down at $220... hrmm. i'm only ever buying tickets on a thurs/fri now...

just checked our vaustralia flights and they're all sold out on the direct flight home and they're approx $50 dearer now than they were when i purchased, so yay...

now, if only southwest continues to co-operate

:bday:party: have a great day now that I've got the correct day:)

awww thanks. so far... the work team forget it was my birthday, and all i've gotten is a bunch of texts & facebook posts and a kiss from carlo.

i'm kinda missing the days when you'd wake up and your mum had decorated your room with streamers and balloons and you'd get birthday breakfast and lunch and dinner and there would be a big stack of pressies and cards and so on...

getting old & being responsible sucks!! lol.

thanks you guys... today i went to work and they forgot it was my bday. sad face.

but carlo has decided to do a disney themed evening. alcohol, icecream (well, banana sorbet) disnar movies (disney.pixar - he's renamed as disnar) - most likely cars & cars 2 in honour of it being carsland's birthday too :) and finishing with some crappy takeaway to bring the indulgence home...

and always remember..work colleagues are that... colleagues.....but friends are different...so as long as the important people in our lives remember all is right in the world :love:

awwww :flower3: thanks guys. got some great gifts and had some special food. turns out i can eat cheesecake.. but in really, really, really small quantities.

so it seems that southwest who were advertising our flights at a perfect price of $220 last week when i was trying to decide whether to buy now or play the waiting game, have now decided to bump them by $60 each way, so they are now $280 pp each way... so i guess i'm stuck playing the waiting game as i would prefer not to pay that price...even though i know it is comparatively cheap by other airline's prices...

i decided i wanted to make some headway on the trip planning, so have been scouting out for ideas for fish extenders, trying to decide if i want to make one or just buy one.

then i discovered etsy and decided to go with a handmade one... by some really lovely lady in the usa who offered to embroider our names on a really lovely, retro looking FE she had created. so yay. buy FE has now been ticked off my list and has been professionally personalised.

and while i was there, i just had a browse around the disney section. omg.i am in love with etsy. so much goodness, and most of it amazingly talented and handcrafted and just so much awesomeness !!! i really can't afford any extraneous purchases right now as we are still saving for the trip and i want to be able to buy stuff on the trip and drink myself into a stupor and for that i need lots of spending money so we are on a very restrictive budget right now.

aside from travel insurance and a few things for FE and a few small things like luggage tags/locks and immunisations etc, most of our trip is paid for.

the only remaining big ticket items are:

- our 2 domestic flights lax - mco return
- our disneyland accomodation (booked, not paid for as they take payment upon checkin)
- our spending money & cash/food money to be taken with us on the trip ...

i feel like there's a lot more i should be doing. this time last year i was a hot mess of nerves and stress and planning/changing my mind/etc.

this year, i feel eerily calm (aside from the stress about will we have enough saved between now and then, lol)... this doesn't seem natural to me.

do you guys go through this? have you ever pre-paid all your big ticket items then looked around at all your detailed research and gone... well... now there is nothing left??

it's eerie.

we fly out 5 months from today.

or 153 days.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: eek.

oh crap...i forgot to check travel insurance...crap bugger bum

wasnt on my latest list..thanks for the reminder..

bugger

oh crap...i forgot to check travel insurance...crap bugger bum

wasnt on my latest list..thanks for the reminder..

bugger

glad i could help

lol. i'm going with the same guys i used last time, and i just got a quote for this trip that's coming in at 10% off their already discounted premium as we're already 'members' with them... yay.

$188.10 including a $2 charity donation for 2 of us for a 4 week trip :)

also, how random is it that you can say crap and bugger and bum on the dis, but you can't say b00bs unless you spell it with zeros :)

glad i could help

lol. i'm going with the same guys i used last time, and i just got a quote for this trip that's coming in at 10% off their already discounted premium as we're already 'members' with them... yay.

$188.10 including a $2 charity donation for 2 of us for a 4 week trip :)

also, how random is it that you can say crap and bugger and bum on the dis, but you can't say b00bs unless you spell it with zeros :)

Who are you using for your insurance? I'm still shopping around even though I got what I think is a pretty good deal, i'd still like to compare before I commit.

TID is who we used last time, will see how they are this time for a multi trip policy......

we are using world nomads, they are through the lonely planet website. they have some good cover and an online policy claim process, plus they're backed by mondial or some such i think...

anyways, today i paid for our lax - mco leg of the trip via msy. yay. we now have our first 7 days all paid for.

we now have to pay for the flight mco - lax, the disneyland accom for the first 8 nights and our travel insurance.

oh, and our spending money.

not much at all really :scared1::scared1::scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter