for the love of mickey - a PTR

According to the transportation boards the flights are now open for your dates, I hope they are good prices for you :goodvibes

thank you so much for this!!! went to the southwest site this morning and the flights are up... turns out there are practically no direct flights from lax to mco during the day.. .they are all around 7am in the morning or 7pm at night. this sucks for us as we fly in at 6am and i would really like at least a 3 hr layover in lax before getting the next flight :)

does anyone know of any airlines that offer a 10am or even a 9.30am flight direct from lax to mco

after a 14 hr flight from bne - lax, i really don't want to have to go through another layover just to get to orlando!!!

thank you so much for this!!! went to the southwest site this morning and the flights are up... turns out there are practically no direct flights from lax to mco during the day.. .they are all around 7am in the morning or 7pm at night. this sucks for us as we fly in at 6am and i would really like at least a 3 hr layover in lax before getting the next flight :)

does anyone know of any airlines that offer a 10am or even a 9.30am flight direct from lax to mco

after a 14 hr flight from bne - lax, i really don't want to have to go through another layover just to get to orlando!!!

We're on a 10:30 am flight with Delta LAX-MCO, check their website, they should have a few available.

Check with Virgin, or is it jet blue? I'm sure our flights were around 10am

Try a website called SkyScanner - it will give you details of all airlines that fly the route you want, with fares. You can then go to the airline website direct to book. Who are you flying with out of Brisbane? If it's Virgin, book Delta or Virgin and I'm sure that they will be able to tag your bags through. (Of course, you have to collect them in LAX for customs, but it is then one less thing to worry about there!) If it's Qantas, try to book AA - you can have your bags tagged the same way, and then the walk from Tom Bradley to Terminal 4 in LAX is about 100m!! (AA have a flight which leaves at 825am direct to MCO).

We're on a 10:30 am flight with Delta LAX-MCO, check their website, they should have a few available.

that seems to be a magical flight... i wanted that flight as well but it's not showing on their website or on any of the websites i'm checking. might have to contact my TA here is aus and see if she can find it for me.

this just told me about some magical virgin flight which is from 8am - 3.40pm... that would mean a 2 hr connection from our vaustralia flight to the virgin america flight, but ... it's more do-able as they're within the same terminal.

thanks for the hipmumk link. it's pretty awesome at comparing flights. and to think i used to have a notebook where i did the same thing manually.

hours saved !!!

that seems to be a magical flight... i wanted that flight as well but it's not showing on their website or on any of the websites i'm checking. might have to contact my TA here is aus and see if she can find it for me.

this just told me about some magical virgin flight which is from 8am - 3.40pm... that would mean a 2 hr connection from our vaustralia flight to the virgin america flight, but ... it's more do-able as they're within the same terminal.

thanks for the hipmumk link. it's pretty awesome at comparing flights. and to think i used to have a notebook where i did the same thing manually.

hours saved !!!

here to help:yay:

and I love how you can adjust departure times/ price etc.....then it kicks you to the cheapest site :cloud9:

BTW on the other USA frequent flyer boards, they are saying you can get find at the moment up to 50% off listed delta flights using www.orbitz.com

check delta site, then kick across to orbitz..cant hurt

Orbitz only has fees for change itinerary and for paper ticket fees. Vast majority of flights and airlines use electronic tickets so most people won't experience any fees with using Orbitz for booking the flights.

so i just checked the delta site and my magic flight is nowhere to be found. grrrr.

i have contacted my aussie TA who helped with the disney park hoppers, in the hopes that they will be able to access the magical delta flight info and get me some decent deals...

otherwise i'll be landing in lax at 6am and running to make a 8am flight...

so as at tomorrow, we're at 170 days til we leave... i've set little notes on the calendar on my new and pretty phone for reminders every 10 days to count down til our trip arrives... it really doesn't seem all that far away when you break it down to 10 day increments...

next friday is my birthday and that will put us at the 160 day mark... woo hoo.

now... to recommence our major savings push, work out hard core and try and get in shape for our marathon disney adventure for this trip :)

so as at tomorrow, we're at 170 days til we leave... i've set little notes on the calendar on my new and pretty phone for reminders every 10 days to count down til our trip arrives... it really doesn't seem all that far away when you break it down to 10 day increments...

next friday is my birthday and that will put us at the 160 day mark... woo hoo.

now... to recommence our major savings push, work out hard core and try and get in shape for our marathon disney adventure for this trip :)

happy birthday for next friday..I am well known for forgetting birthdays etc so i thought I'd get in early :thumbsup2

happy birthday for next friday..I am well known for forgetting birthdays etc so i thought I'd get in early :thumbsup2

awww thanks ...it's actually not that big a deal to me like it has been in previous years... this year, all my time and energy and money and thought is going into the preparation for this trip... and the fact that the 160 day mark is my bday is just another good thing :)

or a bad thing if you think about it cause i'll be 10 days closer to our departure and we'll have no further plans made :(

hey all, update on our flight debacle... so ... i knew there was a magical delta flight from 10 or 10.30am and there was a southwest flight direct from lax to mco that we wanted...

so i watched and i waited and i waited and i watched.

and then the day came. the southwest flights were released.

and there are only 5 flights released so far... and they're all layovers. where is the magical, cheap direct lax - mco flight? i know they have it. they have it every other freaking friday of the year... just not the day I WANT TO TRAVEL!!!

ok. back to the drawing board. deep breath. ahh. the delta magical flight.. except it too has gone... orbitz, check. hotwire, check. expedia, check. the delta freaking website direct, check. karen's hipmunk. check. NO FLIGHTS that go direct lax - mco when i want them... sure, i could try for the 8am direct flight, but that's really pushing it to get through immi/customs/baggage check, then check in/security/board within 2 hrs.. and that's if the plane's on time...

grrrr.

so.. today... hello aussie travel agent. how you doing? great, well that's lovely.. so, wanna do me a favour - get me on the magical delta flight...

she gets back to me 2 hours later -- alicia, the flight must be magical, it's not in any of my booking sites either... turns out, it's sold out.. a lot of the southwest fliers booked delta when southwest didn't release a direct flight for that day.

great. just freaking great.

so now... i'm in dire straights.

no direct flights that suit our timeframe, so we're now looking at layovers and changing planes and all kinds of craziness. i hate layovers and i hate plane changes, and this will be what our journey from bne - lax - mco looks like now...

bne - lax. check.

lax - mco via moscow, auckland and DFW - check.

slight hyperbole there, but you get my drift. so not happy with the way this flight saga is going... i should have just booked the bloody delta flight when i had the money and the dollar was good and said to hell with $450 economy seats, i'll take them.

now i'm looking at around the same price for a 3 hour layover in the middle... so something like land lax 6am, next flight 11am, land DFW (why do all planes seem to love DFW for layovers??) approx 4pm local, then 6pm DFW - MCO landing approx 10pm or some such....

sorry guys... that's my flight diatribe over for now...

i think :)

gonna go play around with hipmunck some more and see if anything new has been released that will make me a happy lady...

so carlo talked me down off my ledge about the whole connecting flight issue...

i thought you had to exit through security/re-check in etc and had this big paranoia about our luggage going missing...

now... i've resigned myself to a connecting flight and if our luggage goes missing, we'll just have to deal with no clothes for a 7 night cruise other than what we pack in our carry on's and buy onboard...

sigh.

connecting flights it is.

Happy birthday Alicia, I think I read somewhere it was today, I hope you have a great day today:hug:

Re connecting flights hopefully there is one there that has no plane change:goodvibes

Connecting flights aren't that bad really. Well, they aren't if you have a couple of small kids in tow and more carry-on luggage that two adults can carry, but with just adults it's not so bad. Think of it as a nice break to get up and stretch your legs. I've done a lot of connections in the US and had no problems :)

Is today your birthday or is it next Friday? Mine's next Saturday - Gemini's rule! :cool1:

sigh.

connecting flights it is.

I understand your disappointment, always prefer direct flights myself. However we've done a lot of connections in the USA and they are usually fine. Just make sure you don't pick one with a tight connection. If you have at least an hour at the connecting airport there should be no problems with your luggage missing the second flight.

Andona

hey all, thanks for the early birthday wishes. my birthday is actually next friday the 15th (yay 5ofus -- you guessed it!!). my sister is also a gemini, and we are so alike in some ways, and polar opposites in others... the fun of having gemini girls in the same family :)

i'm feeling like we can either go with delta or one of the others, or go with southwest... they seem to have a flight at a decent time - 10.40 depart, arrive MSY at 4.15, then depart MSY at 5.35 & arrive orlando at 8.10pm.

so yay.. i'll get to see n'awlins for just over an hour... or whatever i can see from the airport and buy whatever souvenirs i can pick up on my way through the airport... it does involve a plane change, but i'm hopeful that it won't be horrid and we can at least get up, go to the bathroom and feel marginally human... i will imagine that we will be hideously jet lagged by this point and will need some sort of food to keep us going. i doubt we'll eat much at MCO as we'll check straight into the hyatt and probably faceplant on the bed.

once at MCO, carlo does want to see if he can buy some nasa merchandise from the onsite stores either before we crash for the night or the next morning before we get on the magical express to take us to the port... and my sis would kill me if i didn't purchase some wwohp souvenirs and candy from the onsite shops, as the airport is as close as we're getting to KSC and WWOHP this trip, unfortunately....

so close and yet so far!!!

;)oops i read wrong it just means we get to wish you Happy birthday next week as well that would be if i can remember then:lmao: old age is my only excuse:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter