• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

for those who have been taking their children since they were little babies...

My son was 5 on our first trip in 1990. He stopped in the middle of Main St on our last day, looked back at the castle and said, "It's OK if we go home now because I'm going to work here when I grow up!" We've been back once or twice almost every year since 1993.

Well. he graduated in June, and went to work full time at WDW in July. (He LOVES it) And says WDW still hasn't lost the magic even though he is part of it.

Originally posted by lookingforward
My children have been going to Disney since they were two (my daughter even earlier) and they ALWAYS love going. I don't think they have the "OH WOW" reaction anymore but it has turned into an insider's "appreciation". They know so much about the parks and they each have their favorites. We also make it new by staying at different resorts and really enjoying that part of it.

My kids, 5 and 6 have gone every year and this is about how I would describe it. I do think they are a bit jaded, but they still love it! I sometimes wished we had waited until they were older so they had time to 'want' it, but then I would have missed out on so many awesome memories!

I've been taking my children to WDW since the oldest was 3 and she's 28 now. Have they lost the magic???
NOT !!! :D :D

Now they're taking THEIR children to WDW as babies. In fact, we will be there again 2 weeks from today (woohoo !!) and I think DD Holly is as excited as my grandchildren. :hyper: :hyper:

My youngest DD (20)still gets misty eyed when we go through IASW. We hold hands, the tears of a childhood joy fall, and I've got my little girl back again. If that isn't magic, I don't know what is.

I have been going to Disney since I was nine months old and my mother could only carry me onto Dumbo. I loved that ride so much my aunt and uncle would count off how many people go on at a time and get into their respective places in line so I could continue going on and on and on....
Now 21....I've been to Disney almost every year of my life, and I adore it each time I go. My last trip was May and I took my three year old goddaughter and it brought a whole new aspect of the park to me by seeing it through her eyes....she already wants t go back! So, we might have to schedule a trip in November......how could you ever lose the magic?

I don't know if this is relevent, but it's a cute story!

My extended family went last May, it was my parents, my brothers and sister-in-law, and my two nephews, 1 and 3 and me.

About 6 weeks after the trip we were all together again for my Dad's B-day. I was sitting next to my 3yo nephew, and we got to talking about our trip. I asked him if he thought we should go again when his little brother was older and could go on some rides. He thought about this very carefully and said:

"No, you only go to Disney once!"

I don't know where he got that from. I turned to my SIL and told her that she and my brother were getting off cheap!

So I think when my nephews go again, it will be like the first time all over!

My mom and dad took me across country by train when I was 10 years old in 1956 to see the newest wonder---Disneyland! Boy, was I hooked!

When WDW opened in Florida we were all there, this time with my daughter and husband.

I have also taken my daughter to Disneyland, but we go to WDW every year(have only missed a couple of times), my daughter went there on her honeymoon.

Now, I have two grandchildren, who have gone since they were born. This year the oldest is 5 years old and he is so excited, he remembers things from last years trip, also.

So, for four generations there are a lot of good memories.

I've been going to Disney parks since I was in my mother's womb (seriously, my parents went and did the mild attractions during her pregnancy!), since 1978. :teeth: I estimate I've been to Disneyland about 20 times, Disneyland Paris once, and next month will be my second WDW trip. And I am not even CLOSE to being tired of it yet! :bounce:

honeymooner........same here :) My Mom went to DL with me in her womb and only did the mild attractions (barely all they had anyway) back in 1969. Dad took silent film of her riding the Ferry boat wearing a Pirate Hat :p , prego with me princess:

A great big healthy NO. My daughter has been going since she was around 3 and will be 21 in a few months. She wants to spend her 21st birthday down at PI. My granddaughter has been going regularly (about every 3-4 months) since she was around 6 months old. She is now 3 1/2 years. She still gets antsy and giggly. Shaking and trembling with excitement when we get ready to load the car. "We going to see Mitty Mouse?" She starts dancing all around.

My family always used to camp at FT. Wilderness and I still remember the boat ride across to the magic kingdom. Back in those days you still had to use ticket books and I cherished my "E" tickets.

Now with kids, we are just getting back into it. The only difference is now my idea of camping is a 2 bedroom timeshare w/o room service!! - LoL

So far the kids love it, but we are going to try and do 5 weeks with our annual passes this year. We will see how that works out.

David

We started taking our twin DD's when they were about 18 months old. They always enjoyed our trips, but they always knew no one in the family loved it more than me:o Our twins are now 20:earseek: but only one person in our family still has trouble getting to sleep the night before a WDW trip....me::yes:: BTW, one daughter has relocated almost 1500 miles away from us. Can you guess where:cool2:

We just took our 4th trip since 1999 and DS 13 announced he never wants to go to Disney again. The other two still - 9 and 11 - still like it.

My sister and I have gone with our families at least twice a year since 1993 (yeah, we got it bad). She has an 11- and an 8-year-old daughter, and they never, ever tire of it. My 10-year old son loves it, too. However, my 13-year-old son grumbles beforehand every time for the last 2 years, then goes and has a great time. (Truthfully, he and his Dad enjoy the whole Orlando tourist scene--boating, parasailing, movie theater, etc.; they are vacationing in an area, not just WDW.)

We have a new data point, my 42-year-old sister's surprise new baby daughter, who is a souvenir from our Summer 2002 trip. So we have to keep the tradition, right?

I do half-expect that the younger kids will get bored about the time of puberty, but let's wait and see.

Anyway, we have built up quite a portfolio of Disney memories, and the cousins will have a Disney heritage and connection to eachother forever. Since sister and I live 400 miles from eachother, I am glad to have invested this way.

On our first trip my DS was 4 and my DD was 20 months. Now they are 20 and 18 and still look forward to every trip. They never went through a stage when they tired of it. In April DH and I are taking our first trip to WDW without the kids (they're both in college now)and they're bummed that they aren't going. They'll still be there with us this summer for the family vacation.

I have been going every year since I was in my moms tummy! It is like my second home! I get "Disney Home Sick" if I don't go once a year! Sometimes I even go twice! It has never been old to me because now we go and just do the things we love to do. We don't try to do everything because we don't have to, we have done it all! I have to say I have become addicted to the Disney Cruise Line too! This is getting to be a very expensive addiction! I am going back in 8 days! Taking a 7 day Dis Cruise and then to WDW for 5 days!

Gina::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter