For those who have done the DDP before, a breakfast question

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
Do you still find yoursell paying OOP for breakfast or investing in groceries for the room...or skipping it for the most part and eating an early lunch? Just wondering...as we tend to eat in the room while getting ready, but feel like we would not be getting the full benefit of CS tickets if using them for food court at resort in the a.m.
Anyone?

Pam

We still pay OOP for breakfast. I also don't find using the CS credits a good value for breakfast. THere are some people who use one CS credit and split breakfast. We do sometimes split CS lunches and buy extras. I try to make my TS dinners later, so that the meals are not too close together (7:30PM).

We did a couple of different things. We used 1 CS for breakfast and got the big platter at ASmo on one day and it was plenty for all of us. Then another day dh bought a platter and shared with the kids and I got a danish. We used a few CS's for breakfast but never used 3 for all of us. Then at lunch I shared with the kids, they were only 3 and 1, so didn't eat much. This year I am going to bring poptarts to suppliment breakfast. You don't want to fill up on breakfast anyhow because you will eat a ton for lunch and dinner on the plan.

We paid OOP for most breakfasts, until our last couple days and we had some extra CS credits left...we then used them at the food court. If we schedule a character breakfast, we pay OOP because we refuse to waste a TS credit for breakfast, when it could be used for dinner at a nice restaurant.

This will be our first trip on the dining plan but since it is just me and my eldest DD I am planning to bring our favorite Kashi granola bars and pick up juice or milk at the Resort Quick shop. We will eat our breakfast on the go - planning on early mornings and late nights - pool time mid day. We will use CS credits for lunch and I have a TS booked for each evening.

We will be driving down in June and plan to bring snack and breakfast items. My fellas can eat a quick breakfast in the room while we take turns getting ready. I just can't see our family going to get breakfast every morning at the food court. I would also prefer to save my credits for lunch. Since we are driving we are also bringing our own dorm-size frige. My boys can't live without their choc. milk everyday. Thank goodness we have a huge suv to carry all of our gear :sunny:

We never paid for anything OOP.

I traveled with my two kids (three of us total). We conserved credits by meal-sharing. The portions at Disney are HUGE and they have no problem at all providing extra plates (at both CS and TS restaurants). Obviously this rule does not apply to buffet meals.

A few of the meals were enough to feed all three of us (like the $13.99 chicken and ribs combo at Cosmic Rays in MK). At most places we ordered two meals and split them three ways. We weren't shorting ourselves in any way...we were always so full our bellies ached.

The credits we conserved were used to purchase breakfasts at the hotel CS. We drank from our refillable mugs with breakfast, and used the drink credits from the CS to purchase large bottled beverages such as OJ, powerade, etc...those drinks were brought to the parks or taken home with us at the end of the trip.

My total OOP cost for our entire stay at Disney was the cost of one refillable mug. We also bought some souveniers, but we did that at the cheap gift shops in Kissimmee on the last day of our trip.

I usually don't get a typical breakfast in the morning. I either bring some granola bars from home or use a snack credit to get a piece of fruit or a pastry, especially when I travel with my bf. We are not huge breakfast eaters but we really enjoy nice lunches and dinners, so it works out well for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter