For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

We picked up Saturday, March 1st about 10:15 a.m. We had booked a minivan through Alamo (I had booked standard car, intermediate SUV and standard SUV hoping to save a few bucks, but my DH decided he didn't want to mess with looking through all the aisles, so 2 days before, I cancelled everything but the minivan reservation.

I looked at the standard, intermediate suv and standard suv aisles, and they all were full of their designated vehicles. The minivan aisle had 1 Chrysler and all the rest were Caravans. Unfortunately, someone beat me to the Chrysler, so we grabbed a Caravan and had a great week.

We picked up on Wednesday, March 6th at 4pm. We had booked an intermediate SUV for 10 days at a Costco rate of $327. Found a Grand Dodge Caravan minivan in our designated aisle and really enjoyed having the extra space for our luggage :)

Question: My flight gets in really early on a Wednesday morning (I figure I'll be to the Alamo garage at 5 a.m.). I would assume that that the aisles will be full at that time of the morning--is that a correct assumption? Also--can you downgrade--i.e., if I have a fullsize but see something on a lower level can I do that (but still pay the fullsize price)? I know it's not likely but just curious.

Has anyone confirmed whether Alamo now has a designated "Standard" size vehicle aisle or if they still bump Standard bookings up to the Full-size aisle?

Last edited:
For the few that rented the truck, can you please let me know what you found on the aisle ? It says Ford F-150 and the like, so I’m curious ?
Thanks so much !!

Has anyone confirmed whether Alamo now has a designated "Standard" size vehicle aisle or if they still bump Standard bookings up to the Full-size aisle?
I just returned and there is no 'standard' aisle - you still get bumped to full size and there was a lot of caravans in the full size aisle

For the few that rented the truck, can you please let me know what you found on the aisle ? It says Ford F-150 and the like, so I’m curious ?
Thanks so much !!

On March 9, B side of Alamo: 2 Ford 150, 2 Dodge Ram 1500, 1 Chevy Siverodo, and 1 Toyota Tacoma. B Side has a dedicated truck aisle, only fits 7 or 8 vehicles. None of the pickups had truck bed covers. I took the Tacoma, only had 9 miles on it.

Has anybody rented a standard pickup? It states Nissan Frontier or similar. Are there other choices in the aisle, like the cars (small suv's, mini vans)? Thank you all!

On March 9, B side of Alamo: 2 Ford 150, 2 Dodge Ram 1500, 1 Chevy Siverodo, and 1 Toyota Tacoma. B Side has a dedicated truck aisle, only fits 7 or 8 vehicles. None of the pickups had truck bed covers. I took the Tacoma, only had 9 miles on it.

Thank you so much for the reply ! :thanks:

Thanks so much !!
I picked a Ford F250 4x4. It was kind of jacked up (think big ole redneck truck). Had less than 500 miles on it. There were a few Dodge Ram 1500, a few Ford F150's and one Chevrolet. There was just one aisle marked "pickup trucks" with about 6 or 7 trucks in it.

I just got back and I rented a midsize. There were only cars in the midsize - one Ford Focus, a few Toyota Corolla's, some Hyundai Elantra's and even a few Nissan Versa's. The compact aisle was nearly identical to the midsize.

I arrived at 5 a.m. on the 23rd. I had reserved a full-size and half of the row were minivans. There were maybe two sedans—neither of which I cared for. The rest were SUVs. Not what I expected and no one was on duty to help. I ended up getting an Elantra from the midsize aisle because it was low enough for me and I could reach the pedals. I tried four or five vehicles first. The agent at the booth was very nice but really couldn’t “help” because she had to stay in the booth. I will not be renting from Alamo outside of normal business hours ever again. She even said they didn’t have security in the overnight hours and encouraged an email to Alamo.

Looking to see if anyone has seen lately what kind of cars are in the full size aisle.
Camry's, Altima', Chargers, and a few SUV's, Pickups, and minivans were in the full size aisle. This was 3 weeks ago.

I also noticed that in the midsize aisle had a mix of sedans, smaller suvs, and even a pickup as well.

Looking to see if anyone has seen lately what kind of cars are in the full size aisle.
Arrived yesterday about noon with standard size reserved, so picked from the full size aisle on A side. All sedans: Altimas, Sonatas, some Chevys. No Camrys, SUVs, or vans at that time.. I wanted a light-colored car this trip because of the high temps and sunny weather, and most were black or dark gray. We selected a white Altima, but were told at the check out booth that we could not take it because the license plate sticker was expired (hadn’t noticed, but the gate attendant did). They brought me a silver Altima, the only other light-colored car on the aisle. Both these Altimas had Tennessee plates.

Arrived at MCO Alamo (B side) apprx @ 12:30am this morning. Did online checkin & skip the counter. Many full-size Nissans in the aisle but also saw 2 minivans, a couple pickups, and 2 Hyundai Tucson’s (SUV). I grabbed a Tucson, it has 5000 miles on it. Nice selection from what I saw. Thanks for the tips everyone.

First time renting from Alamo at MCO...normally just rent from the Car Care Centre...but this is a quick 4 day trip and want to maximize our time...we are flying Southwest so if I understand correctly, we proceed from the plane to the terminal and go to level 2 to get our bags and then down to level 1 to get to the car rental counters. Everyone has said to do the skip the line and head straight to the parking garage. I have reserved an intermediate SUV through Costco. It mentions that I must present my Costco membership card when I pick up the car. How do you do that if you skip the line? or am I better to go to the counter? Also, is it difficult (or confusing) to get from MCO to WDW? We are planning to take the 417, if that helps. Any tips, suggestions, or friendly votes of reassurance that I can handle the drive from the airport would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter