For those who remember Tinkerbell and eeyor update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am well aware it as is my family worst case my mom can sleep in the guest room till he is no longer a threat if he goes become one
I really think you are missing the point. Please seek some additional advice aside from your mom. I understand there are other issues at play here (developmentally and emotionally) but you could end up in a lot of trouble if you continue with your plan.

I really think you are missing the point. Please seek some additional advice aside from your mom. I understand there are other issues at play here (developmentally and emotionally) but you could end up in a lot of trouble if you continue with your plan.
I am also in therapy

The worry is you and your family ending up in legal trouble.?
He is not paying anything my family and I have paid every single bill
I am in the clear he does not pay a single billy Mom will give him his mail till he did a permanent home

Fwiw we did not come to this decision lightly at all

I am in the clear he does not pay a single billy Mom will give him his mail till he did a permanent home

Even if we "just" a squatter, you cannot just lock someone out. But, clearly, you/your family have decided that this is right course and you will not listen to advice, so I wish you the best.

Even if we "just" a squatter, you cannot just lock someone out. But, clearly, you/your family have decided that this is right course and you will not listen to advice, so I wish you the best.

correct-we dealt with this on a non rent/any living expenses paying family member who engaged the police to assert his rights to stay put (the law was on his side), then engaged legal aide to help him pursue financial damages and moving expenses b/c of what he claimed had become a 'hostile living situation' due to the failed attempt to remove him (and it was done much more openly than via packing someone up and moving them out without their advance approval and knowledge).

That doesn't matter that he isn't paying rent. You can ask him to leave, and if he does without problem then all is good. If he doesn't not want to leave, then you can't just pack up his stuff and put him out. You have to go down to the courthouse and fill out the paperwork to have him formally evicted.

I am also in therapy
I think you are confused about the advice people are giving you. Although therapy is fantastic and a much needed thing during/after a divorce, people are suggesting Legal Counsel to help you with the divorce and living situation. Your therapist can suggest things, but he/she is not a lawyer and can't give you legal advice about navigating a divorce and eviction.

You are right. I am confused as hell; this has been an ongoing problem; this man, by nature, is a rescuer

When I meet this guy 16 1/2 years ago I was an infant how however with therapy and community support now I am a young adult and the more it frustrated him

I will never apologize for growing that is the goal I hope to see more growth from myself he is the 3rd person I said good riddance (sp) to because they wanted me to stay an intent

Eta

I have made a lot of mistakes along the way thinking we would be together forever

Last edited:
I have a question for all the people throwing legal advice at me

I informed the property manager of what I am doing asking if I need to turn in his swape card or anything

Why would she not say something to ms if I was doing something wrong she knows everything

It seems as if you're not bothering to listen to anything anyone here is telling you. I'll also venture you didn't read the link I provided you. To quote from it, "As long as both parties have been married and living in the home together, that is the residence of both parties. It does not matter whose name is on the title of the home or on the mortgage.

Further, it is not advisable to change the locks during a time when your spouse is away from the house. If your spouse comes home and gets the police involved, the police will say it is a civil matter, and they will inform you that your spouse has the right to enter because it is their residence too. Understand that it is considered an abuse of the process to involve the police in this way. The family law court will not look favorably on this type of behavior, and there will be negative consequences for such an action."

If you go ahead with your plan to just pack him up and move him out, your next post is going to be looking for sympathy because the police/courts told you you were in the wrong and he doesn't have to leave. Unless your mother is an attorney, you need to stop listening to what she's saying regarding this and contact an attorney to find out what your legal next steps are. It doesn't matter who has/hasn't paid any bills. It's his residence and you can't evict someone from their residence without a very good reason and without doing it legally through the courts. If you are that desperate not to live with him, your only legal recourse right now would be for you to move.

. To quote from it, "As long as both parties have been married and living in the home together, that is the residence of both parties. It does not matter whose name is on the title of the home or on the mortgage.

I think this could be the issue. If I remember correctly, the OP is not legally married. Because of their disabilities & financial situations, I think they had a commitment ceremony & not an actual legal wedding. So I assume the mother thinks that if the apartment is in Wendy’s name, they can just move him out anytime. If I’m wrong about the actual wedding/ legal marriage, I apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter