• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? For Those Who've Traveled "Semi-Solo"

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
I'll be traveling with DH in March. He'll be attending a conference during the day so I'll be solo for about 8 hours each day. I've never been to WDW without kids, & much less solo! Any recommendations on what to do? We'll be there 5 full days.

Thanks!

I go "semi-solo" alot (and also completely solo sometimes)-DH is a big golfer-so I'm a golf widow. I find it really helps to talk to him before you go to find out some stuff you want to do that maybe he doesn't. If he's at a conference all day, maybe the idea of theme parks all evening doesn't thrill him. Maybe he'll eat a lot at the conference and doesn't want a big sit-down dinner. What resturaunts do you like? Go alone! But I agree, that's hard for some people-it took me 5 solo trips before I could be comfortable with sit down dining by myself. Rides he doesn't do? DH is so thrilled when I go alone and ride Dumbo because he knows I won't try to get him on it. Go around WS and shop in all the stores in the different countries-that's fun. If I think of any more I'll let you know.

I would also highly recommend a backstage tour if time (and money) permit. If you haven't been in the world solo before this is nice as you have people to talk to. My tour was terrific and I actualy ended up meeting people from the tour in MK later in the week.

Enjoy
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter