• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For what its worth - Jersey Week Crowds

barbeml - Just a thought to pass on. We have stayed at the CBR probably 12 - 15 times, off-season, and every time they tell us it is sold out. I've never been able to judge crowd sizes by the CBR as even if it is sold out it never seems that way. You will get a big rush at the food court from time to time but you'd think the resort was only half-full.

We've been to Disney on many "crowded" occassions and have had great luck seeing and doing what we were interested in without having to fight a bunch of people. At MGM - if there are rides or attractions you want to see - take a good look at the map and see where the Soap things are being done and then plan your path to avoid them. We did Star Wars weekends over Memorial Day a couple years back and did fine on the rides themselves, just had a bit more people in the walkways. We used alternate routes to get many places and found plenty of quiet areas and short lines. At EPCOT if you want to enjoy the Food and Wine festival we've had the best luck by visiting it in the afternoon, starting right when World Showcase opens. You will be at least 1/2 way through before most of the crowd catches up. In the evenings it does get crowded by the booths, but again there are places to get out of the crowds and enjoy a break. One of the best places is in the museum section of Japan - it is cool and rarely has more than a couple families walking around. There are some benches back there to sit and put your feet up for a few minutes too.

Oh, noooo .. we'll be at WDW 10/29 through 11/05. I guess this will be during "Jersey Week". I can't believe I did this ... we absolutely hate crowds. :(

Originally posted by DiznEeyore
Oh, noooo .. we'll be at WDW 10/29 through 11/05. I guess this will be during "Jersey Week". I can't believe I did this ... we absolutely hate crowds. :(

I know how you feel. We're going Nov 1-8. I knew about the Soap Opera weekend and figured if I avoided MGM on the weekend I'd be alright. Now I think I picked a very bad time to go.

Originally posted by DisneyJoe
I honestly think that you will have no problems on those dates. I would avoid Magic Kingdom on the 4th (Election day), and you may see a slight increase in the crowds on the 4th and 5th, but 'Jersey Week' really won't hit high gear until the night of the 5th or the morning of the 6th, when most families from NJ arrive.
Thanks for the reassurance, Joe. I hope you're right! :)

Originally posted by dcfromva
This year, Halloween is on a Friday--so, for the really ambitious sort, fly out on Halloween afternoon and take advantage of MNNSHP and stay through Nov 9th, take part in the Food and Wine Festival, Soaps weekend (if you are a fan) and the Festival of the Masters, enjoy fairly moderate weather and only take the kids out of school 3 days! (What's not to love? :) )-DC :earsboy: [/B]

That would be Me!!!!! We were there in August and I am banking on a lot less crowds than the first week in August! Even then it was not as bad as I expecected. We just go with a positive attitude, and if we don't get to everything, there is always next time. Also, it will be a LOT cooler in November, which makes it a lot easier to walk around.
-DC :earsboy: [/B][/QUOTE]

I also will be there from 11/5-11/12 so I'm one of the "LUCKY":rolleyes: ones to be right in the middle of the mess. I was very lucky to get all the ps's I wanted so we are just going to EAT our way around the parks and hope for the best.
I was making myself crazy there for awhile, now I'm not going to sweat it. I'm not at work so thats a BIG (+), I'm hoping the weather is going to great and I will be at WDW with family and friends so life can't be so bad................::yes::

We're right in the middle too! We arrive on the 7th and leave on the 15th.

We had gone during "Jersey Week" a couple of years ago and actually left to come home early due to crowds.

Oh my, what was I thinking?????:crazy: Looking on the bright side is that I'll be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter