• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort discounts cabin & campsite

Given the availability on the web site for weekend campsites through the end of the year, I wonder if this means they plan on opening the rest of the loops.

j

sooo if i was looking for thanksgiving i should check daily in case they open up all the loops?

sooo if i was looking for thanksgiving i should check daily in case they open up all the loops?
Yes, and if you cannot find the specific days you need, expand your search. I've had to book a full month, on one reservation, just to get my dates. Then I call in to have the dates fixed. Their reservation system is a hot mess, lol! I've also had to book a couple shorter stays just to get the full time period I'm looking for.

do we have an idea, what date they are starting to open the loops?

im looking for thanksgiving week. mandatory save money company wide vacation week to reduce liabilities :)

so if someone sees it books it and then lets me go change the name that would be great :)

I went back through some of my emails from Disney today. Almost cried when I saw that I paid between $60-75 a night for a premium loop back in September of 2015. Here's to hoping those days will come again lol

Dude!

Lay off the drugs!

Exactly. Why put yourself through that kind of pain?

Also, I have the rack rate file for 2015 (first year I did that analysis) and Premiums in September were $96/$100 for weekday/weekend (with tax). So Arc must have gotten one of those September discounts that are generally the best discount of the year for site-only reservations ON TOP of the Value rates for that time of year.

Rack rates for that time of year for 2021 are $132/$147 with tax.

Arc can kick back some night around the campfire in the future and reminisce about the deal he got in 2015.....

ED

Last edited:
Exactly. Why put yourself through that kind of pain?

Also, I have the rack rate file for 2015 (first year I did that analysis) and Premiums in September were $96/$100 for weekday/weekend (with tax). So Arc must have gotten one of those September discounts that are generally the best discount of the year for site-only reservations ON TOP of the Value rates for that time of year.

Rack rates for that time of year for 2021 are $132/$147 with tax.

Arc can kick back some night around the campfire in the future and reminisce about the deal he got in 2015.....

ED
Yup it was an annual pass rate. I would juggle between AP rates and FL resident rates. Sometimes one was higher than the other one. Those were the days my friend...we thought they'd never end.

do we have an idea, what date they are starting to open the loops?

im looking for thanksgiving week. mandatory save money company wide vacation week to reduce liabilities :)

so if someone sees it books it and then lets me go change the name that would be great :)
they opened up the 1600-1900 loop road yesterday. don't know if they opened all the loops but there are trailers back there. November seems to be booked solid but try booking one night at a time if you can budget the deposits. i had to do that back in the spring to get my nights for december. it wouldn't let me get 5 nights but i could get each single night. no clue what was going on, then i called and had them combine into one reservation. good luck

they opened up the 1600-1900 loop road yesterday. don't know if they opened all the loops but there are trailers back there. November seems to be booked solid but try booking one night at a time if you can budget the deposits. i had to do that back in the spring to get my nights for december. it wouldn't let me get 5 nights but i could get each single night. no clue what was going on, then i called and had them combine into one reservation. good luck
Makes sense why I was able to get a reservation this weekend. That’s what I figured.

I tried to add one night to my September and October trips. It showed no availability. Then I put in Mon through Friday and there it was! (I was trying to add on Friday night.) So maybe it is different for days considered part of a weekend?

I tried to add one night to my September and October trips. It showed no availability. Then I put in Mon through Friday and there it was! (I was trying to add on Friday night.) So maybe it is different for days considered part of a weekend?
try and extend your visit through the change reservation button in 'my plans' sometimes this works even when it shows no availability good luck. you might have to put a few more dollars down adding a Friday night. if you can't add it, try when you check in, we've had luck with that before

If you book with a discounted rate and then modify your dates do you lose the discounted rate?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter