Fort Wilderness Cabins question

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I admittedly haven't been following all the cabins news that closely. We only have resale points so if we ever wanted to stay there, we can't book using points.

Will ALL of the cabins be DVC? If so, will the only way for me to stay there be to rent from an outside company or something?

Or will we be able to just book a cabin directly with cash like we could book any other non-DVC Disney resort?

I admittedly haven't been following all the cabins news that closely. We only have resale points so if we ever wanted to stay there, we can't book using points.

Will ALL of the cabins be DVC? If so, will the only way for me to stay there be to rent from an outside company or something?

Or will we be able to just book a cabin directly with cash like we could book any other non-DVC Disney resort?
All the cabins are stated to be DVC but you’ll be able to book normal cash bookings there like you can all the resorts. DVC members can start cash bookings on March 19th based on availability.

Awesome. Thanks! I think we'd really like to check them out sometime so that's good to know it will (hopefully) be possible.

Yeah we’d like to try them sometime too and I think until they’re fully declared it will be reasonably easy to book a cash stay (once the initial hoopla settles anyway) outside of the most popular Halloween/Christmas season.

We have some direct points but we’re currently in a state of always borrowing for those resorts so not sure we’re going to get to a place of having extra to book the cabins any time soon haha. So either we pay cash or we sacrifice a stay at 2 of our home resorts so we’ll see how badly we want as stay in the near-ish future.

Last edited:

We will only have enough WDW points to use them (at BRV) every other year to every 3rd year. So I figure if we decide to want to add a trip in between DVC trips....we might do a cash stay at a cabin instead of doing cash at a moderate. Obviously it will cost more than a moderate but really like the layout of the cabin and not sharing walls with people. The only thing we might hate is the internal bus system. But maybe renting a golf cart would fix that.

When are the cabins suppose to go live and be able to book? I looked and see it looks like we can but didn't go through the full process.

Thank you.

When are the cabins suppose to go live and be able to book? I looked and see it looks like we can but didn't go through the full process.

Thank you.
February 15: DVC members who have purchased points in the cabins can book on the DVC members-only website or by calling Member Services, subject to the 11 month window
March 12: New DVC owners purchasing points in the cabins can book online or via Member Services, subject to the 11 month window
April 23: All DVC owners can book stays, subject to the 7 month window

February 15: DVC members who have purchased points in the cabins can book on the DVC members-only website or by calling Member Services, subject to the 11 month window
March 12: New DVC owners purchasing points in the cabins can book online or via Member Services, subject to the 11 month window
April 23: All DVC owners can book stays, subject to the 7 month window

Oh my! Thank you.
Going to set a reminder on my phone. I will try to do this for October if anything ends up being available.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter