Fort Wilderness - Campifire Program

akline

Mouseketeer
Hi All .. has anyone participated in the Campfire Program at Fort Wilderness? I think this is where they show selected Disney movies at night, and have a campfire. Is it worth it? How much does it cost, and where can I find more information?? I'm thinking about taking a 9 year old, a 6 year old and a 5 year old. Thank you!

The campfire program is free. There is a sing-along session and then Chip and Dale come out to meet the kids. Then the movie is shown on an outdoor screen. There is a snack bar where you can buy snacks, drinks, and fixings for smores, or you can bring your own. Seating is on log benches and bleachers. It is at Fort Wilderness and is held nightly--unless it rains. It is a lot of fun and I bet your kids would enjoy it!

Check over on the camping board for more information and a listing of this month's movies.

34 days till I go home to Fort Wilderness!!

Just wanted to add that we have done this before and the kids really loved it!

Have fun!

It sounds like something my kids would love. What time does it start? SHould we bring a blanket to sit on?

They start the sing-a-long right around dusk & the movie starts when it is dark. Don't bother with the blanket. Everything is on small stones. If you have your own facilities at the campground bring a folding chair, otherwise, you can sit on the individual benches which have backs. There are also bleachers, however, no backs on these & it can get uncomfortable, so get there early if you want a back on your seat.

The campfire program is a lot of fun. We do it every time we are in Disney. It is free & a nice relaxing evening for both the kids & adults. You can also bring your own refreshments if you don't want to go to the snack bar.

I love these kinds of programs that Disney offers.

Oh you will absolutely love it! We go every trip too, and we love it. Our kids love it, they are 16,13, and 6. The older 2 tend to think the sing along is corny, but secretly I know they enjoy watching their younger sister who LOVES it!!;) You will enjoy the relaxing part, trust me. Bring your own lawn chair, and sit back and have fun!!:D

the campfire program is FREE! It's also a lot of fun--we have never stayed for the movie as we are always over scheduled

I believe that the smore pack is the best deal on wdw property--small box graham crackers, 1 or 2 (i can't remember) Hersheys chocolate bars and about 8-10 large marshmellows and i think 1 roasting stick (addt'l sticks very cheap maybe $0.30.) all for (i think) $4.95--something like that

I don't think you have to stay at a Disney resort, however, the only way to get to the campfire program is via bus through FW or to walk there. You can not drive directly to it. You would need to park in the FW lot & take a bus there or you could go to one of the deluxe resorts & take the boat over then take a bus. They don't check ID's at the campfire program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter