• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Cruise promo

airbear

Earning My Ears
Just wondering, has anyone been able to book their free cruise yet? Has anyone been on the 3 night bahamas cruise with Disney? If so, how was it?

Just wondering, has anyone been able to book their free cruise yet? Has anyone been on the 3 night bahamas cruise with Disney? If so, how was it?

I think you have to complete your ABD trip before you can book the cruise. I've been on the 3 night Bahamas cruise and did not enjoy it. But I'm sure my experience is not typical, since the seas were rough and we were unable to dock at Castaway Cay. Even if the weather conditions had been different, I think I still would have been disappointed. Everybody I'd ever spoken too told me how much fun Disney cruises are and I had high expectations, but it just wasn't fun to me. It was my first cruise and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a cruise person.

Yes I remember reading about your experience in a previous post. That's a bummer. At least you weren't stuck out there for a week. I have never been much of a cruiser but hey it's free. Well sort of. We still gotta pay for airfare and taxes. I would have preferred some money off of my abd trip as opposed to a cruise but hey I don't make the rules. It's a weekend away if nothing else.:confused3

I think you have to complete your ABD trip before you can book the cruise. I've been on the 3 night Bahamas cruise and did not enjoy it. But I'm sure my experience is not typical, since the seas were rough and we were unable to dock at Castaway Cay. Even if the weather conditions had been different, I think I still would have been disappointed. Everybody I'd ever spoken too told me how much fun Disney cruises are and I had high expectations, but it just wasn't fun to me. It was my first cruise and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not a cruise person.

Three day cruises are WAY too short. We like 7 days or longer and are leaving in less than three weeks for our 20th Disney cruise-we have only been on three 3-day cruises with the rest a week or longer. We love them. Our last three day was the $99 bounceback in December. We did two of them-a three day, 4 days at Wilderness Lodge Villas and then another three night. We did not make Castaway Cay on the second cruise but we have been there so it was OK. I can see that people would be disappointed if they don't make the island. It is the high point of the three day but we had rough weather. With the 3 day you might have rough seas going to and from the Bahamas and that can bother alot of people and ruin their cruise. Take something for motion sickness if you are prone before you start to feel it or it will probably be too late. And for $99-who can pass that or "Free" up? I would combine your three day with a few days at WDW or at the beach or drive to Vero and spend some time there. We always have a great time no matter how long the cruise is-it is better than snow and work.

That's a great suggestion. Maybe we will spend a few days at Disney World as well as take the cruise. Might as well make a week out of it if we're gonna pay to fly down there.:cool2:

That's a great suggestion. Maybe we will spend a few days at Disney World as well as take the cruise. Might as well make a week out of it if we're gonna pay to fly down there.:cool2:

And that is why Disney gave you a free cruise. ;) Hope you have a good time.

DD and I just returned from the 3 night cruise and I was completely impressed. I love the parks and this is totally a different type of vacation. We did not get off boat in Nassau but did at Castaway - it was wonderful. It is a must do for Disney lovers.

I have been on five Disney cruises with two more booked (including a 15-night). I agree cruising is not for everyone, but a free 3-day is a great way to find out if you like cruising or not! I love it because Disney just really knows how to provide great service! Don't go into it thinking it is like an ABD trip where it is go go go all the time. I am never bored, but it is a slower pace. The shows are great, there are fun adult activities at night, I don't go to Nassau, I stay onboard near the pool with a book and the drink of the day. :cloud9: On the cruise board there is a great sticky with tons of information for first time cruisers, and people are really helpful over there if you have more questions. Have a great cruise!

I have been on five Disney cruises with two more booked (including a 15-night). I agree cruising is not for everyone, but a free 3-day is a great way to find out if you like cruising or not! I love it because Disney just really knows how to provide great service! Don't go into it thinking it is like an ABD trip where it is go go go all the time. I am never bored, but it is a slower pace. The shows are great, there are fun adult activities at night, I don't go to Nassau, I stay onboard near the pool with a book and the drink of the day. :cloud9: On the cruise board there is a great sticky with tons of information for first time cruisers, and people are really helpful over there if you have more questions. Have a great cruise!

Wow. This really sums it up well.

I just booked my free 3-night cruise earlier this month. The cruise voucher arrived about 3 weeks prior to my ABD trip. After the voucher was faxed in, it took about 2 weeks for the cruise itinerary to appeared on my DCL account. I requested a room number and dining preference in the request area of the form and DCL fulfilled both of them. Now the waiting game begins. :rolleyes:

:wave2: Hi Everbody! Total newbie here! We just signed up for our very first ABD in December, and I had a question about the free cruise promo. Are there any blackout dates for its use? I was thinking of using it during my kids' vacation dates in April 2011.......... Thanks!

:wave2: Hi Everbody! Total newbie here! We just signed up for our very first ABD in December, and I had a question about the free cruise promo. Are there any blackout dates for its use? I was thinking of using it during my kids' vacation dates in April 2011.......... Thanks!

These were the posted Terms and Conditions:

Guests who purchase a qualifying Adventures by Disney land package will receive a free Disney Cruise Line® 3-Night Bahamian cruise. Offer applies to new purchases between 10/26/09 and 1/15/10 of select Adventures by Disney land packages at the non-discounted regular rate departing before 10/2/10. Offer valid on the majority of 2010 Adventures by Disney season departures; please visit www.adventuresbydisney.com/freecruise for a complete list of eligible departures or call 877-728-7282 for more details; Canadian guests please contact your local travel agent. A certificate good for a 3-night Bahamian cruise will be mailed out 25 days prior to the land package departure date. A completed cruise certificate must be submitted to Disney Cruise Line® before 12/31/10 and sailing must occur between 2/1/10 and 12/15/11. The guests in the free cruise party may not exceed the number of guests in the eligible Adventures by Disney land package. Offer valid on ocean view staterooms in the following categories only: 9A, 9B, 9C, and 9D and the number of staterooms available for this offer is limited. Block-out dates apply; see certificate for details. Transportation to and from Port Canaveral not included. Cruise is non-transferable and may not be sold, traded, refunded or redeemed for cash value. Subject to terms, conditions and restrictions of Disney Cruise Line®. One (1) certificate issued per reservation. Certificate not redeemable for cash in whole or in part and will not be replaced if lost or stolen. Advance reservations required. Subject to conditions, restrictions and change without notice. Land package and Cruise fulfillment is subject to availability and restrictions. Void where prohibited. Cannot be combined with any other offers or promotions.

BTW...Welcome! Which trip are you taking?

Guess I'll have to wait to get the certificate to see when the black out dates are..... We are taking the Backstage Magic tour on July 18th, in honor of our 20th anniversary. DH had wanted to go to the Caribbean, but realized that it would not be a vacation for me since I would have to plan every detail and listen to the kids' endless questions of what we are doing and when. BTW, DS is 14 and DD is 10.;)

Guess I'll have to wait to get the certificate to see when the black out dates are..... We are taking the Backstage Magic tour on July 18th, in honor of our 20th anniversary. DH had wanted to go to the Caribbean, but realized that it would not be a vacation for me since I would have to plan every detail and listen to the kids' endless questions of what we are doing and when. BTW, DS is 14 and DD is 10.;)
And therein lies one of the best features of ABD!

Welcome! I'm sure you're going to love your ABD. Several people on this board have taken it, and they really seem to love it. We even have a few who have done it more than once!

Sayhello

:goodvibes Thanks for the welcome! We are very excited to be going to CA, and my son and I's OCD definitely kicks in on trips, so I think this will be perfect for us. I can't wait to actually enjoy a vacation and not have to worry about where we need to be next!

Are there any blackout dates for its use?

These are the eligible free cruise dates listed in the original advertisement:

2010 Cruises
Scheduled departures between:
January 07, 2010 to May 20, 2010
August 26, 2010 to November 21, 2010
December 02, 2010 to December 16, 2010

2011 Cruises
Scheduled departures between:
March 03, 2011 to April 14, 2011
April 28, 2011 to May 26, 2011
August 25, 2011 to November 20, 2011
December 01, 2011 to December 15, 2011

Thank you for the dates! I'll have to see when they finally agree on the April vacation dates, but I may be able to finagle the free cruise during the March-
April time line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter