Free DDP question on credits

alien

Mouseketeer
I'm thinking of doing the free DDP offer this August. Going with DH, DD18, DD's boyfriend 19, and DD10. All the credits will be adult. DD10 weighs 53 pounds soaking wet and eats like a bird. She will want to eat off the children's menu most of the time (except for Le Cellier where she will want filet mignon). Can we order off the children's menu for her? She won't eat her share of the DDP, but then again, it will be free anyway!
Thanks, Cindy
:dumbo:

alien said:
I'm thinking of doing the free DDP offer this August. Going with DH, DD18, DD's boyfriend 19, and DD10. All the credits will be adult. DD10 weighs 53 pounds soaking wet and eats like a bird. She will want to eat off the children's menu most of the time (except for Le Cellier where she will want filet mignon). Can we order off the children's menu for her? She won't eat her share of the DDP, but then again, it will be free anyway!
Thanks, Cindy
:dumbo:

Yes you can order off the children's menu if you like but you may want to consider not using a credit for her for those meals and using the credit(s) for another meal for your group. For instance you could pay out of pocket for her at 3 meals ~$10-$15 and use those credits for your group at another meal such LeCellier or use them for a signature meal such as dinner at Cindy's!

Another option is to just ask for an extra plate and allow her to share with the rest of you. Disney has NO PROBLEM AT ALL with meal sharing and the portions are generally HUGE.

I just returned from WDW yesterday and I had the DDP. Even if you share your meals with her you'll still leave the restaurants stuffed.

For every three meals you share with her you'll save three credits, which basically gets your entire family an "extra" meal. Assuming you would have otherwise used the credits for lunch and dinner every day, the saved credits will get you a few "free" breakfasts.

So...............

are you saying I could share my dinner at, say, Le Cellier with my DD13 and that one TS credit would be saved? They don't mind us sharing meals if we are on the dining plan? (I understand that they don't have a problem sharing meals regularly)

Correct. They have absolutely no problem bringing out an extra plate and allowing you to share. The servers treat DDP customers no differently than they do the customers who are paying OOP. In fact, they probably like DDP customers more than the others because they are guaranteed an 18% gratuity. Most people tend to pay less than that percentage when they dine in expensive restaurants, so the servers make more overall when they serve DDP customers.

If the service is especially good, you might choose to leave a small additional tip when doing this. Disney pays the restaurant 18% of the total bill, but meal sharing requires the server to do a little more work than what they are being paid for.

formernyer said:
If the service is especially good, you might choose to leave a small additional tip when doing this. Disney pays the restaurant 18% of the total bill, but meal sharing requires the server to do a little more work than what they are being paid for.

Right. Plus, we normally give 20% for good service so we could give a little more. I find it interesting that WDW gives their servers between 15% and 20%. Everyone has there own percentages they pay, but in our family, we give 15% to a server that has done their duty but wasn't exceptional and 20% to a very good server........and WDW is right in between.......

Both my girls (13 and 10) are considered adults.....so I can see them ordering steak and potatoes, and they would do a good job eating it, but they wouldn't finish it. So we could just split two meals between the three of us. I hate wasting food............I have a hard time seeing food being thrown away, especially food the caliber of Disney's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter