Free Dining- cancellation question????

ElleBelle

Been there, done that, going back!ºoº
DH and I just realized the last day to book free dining is June 4th. We were considering booking a four-day-quick-stay with the free dining for sometime this fall. However, we are also TTC (trying to conceive). If I do end up getting pregnant over the next few months, we would probably have to cancel the trip. How does the cancellation policy work? Would we be penalized- or get our money back? Do you pay in-full in advance with the free dining?? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

When you book you have to put a $200.00 deposit in your reservation. The balance must be payed in full 45 days prior to arrival. I think if you cancel you could lose your deposit. Hopefully someone will come along who knows for sure. I would just suggest calling WDW and finding out because there is a limited amount of rooms for the promotion so you don't want to wait until the last min.

If you cancel before 45 days you get the deposit back. 6-44 days in advance there a $100 cancellation fee (deposit). 5 or less days there is a $200 penalty. :)

Soccer Princess said:
If you cancel before 45 days you get the deposit back. 6-44 days in advance there a $100 cancellation fee (deposit). 5 or less days there is a $200 penalty. :)

Thank you so much!
:cool1:

If you know what day you would want to reschedule for...and it is more than 45 days away from your already scheduled vacation, then as long as there is availibility, you should be able to just reschedule. (Be sure to take into account that Free Dining is only availible until Sept. 30th) Last year, DBF and mine's trip had to be rescheduled due to Hurricane Katrina. We had the Free Dining option, as well. I live in Baton Rouge and our airline tickets were for New Orleans..and that wasn't gonna happen given the circumstances. They were very friendly and worked with us.

ElleBelle said:
DH and I just realized the last day to book free dining is June 4th. We were considering booking a four-day-quick-stay with the free dining for sometime this fall. However, we are also TTC (trying to conceive). If I do end up getting pregnant over the next few months, we would probably have to cancel the trip. How does the cancellation policy work? Would we be penalized- or get our money back? Do you pay in-full in advance with the free dining?? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I'm not a doctor. But that being said, if you do get pregnant there shouldn't be any problem going unless you have a medical problem. I will be 7 months pregnant for our trip in September and when I asked my doctor about it she said there shouldn't be a problem at all since my 1st pregnancy went to well, I don't so far have any risk factors, and just as long as I am well aware to take it EASY I will be fine.

Ofcourse it is still nice knowing that as long as I cancel 45 days beforehand I don't lose my deposit. :) And that far along I should know something by then if there will be a problem.

On another note, if you're TTC and haven't had any luck by then it is nice knowing that quite a few of us DIS'ers have special souviniers. :wizard:

I'm also TTC, but we're planning on going in September to take advantage of free dining. As long as it's not a high-risk pregnancy, it should be A-OK!!

Sometimes it takes a vacation (to help with the TTC). That may be just what the doctor ordered. Besides you'll be fine as long as you don't ride any of the rides that are contraindicated for pregant women, whether you think or know you are pregnant or not.

Shondad, Snow White, and Raevyn wolfe... we actually are going through some pretty hefty infertility treatments... clomid, injectables, inseminations... etc. Basically, costing us an arm and a leg... but TOTALLY going to be worth it all in the end (we hope!). Really, I would LOVE to vacation this fall if I do become pregnant, but it's going to be more a decision of where we want to spend our money/ where our priorities are at. (Plus how I want to bank my vacation time from work...). I am actually a labor and delivery nurse, so I'm well aware of what to do/ not to do during the entire duration of a pregnancy. (I hope that didn't come across as snippy.. I didn't mean it that way). Thanks for the suggestions though!

ElleBelle said:
Shondad, Snow White, and Raevyn wolfe... we actually are going through some pretty hefty infertility treatments... clomid, injectables, inseminations... etc. Basically, costing us an arm and a leg... but TOTALLY going to be worth it all in the end (we hope!). Really, I would LOVE to vacation this fall if I do become pregnant, but it's going to be more a decision of where we want to spend our money/ where our priorities are at. (Plus how I want to bank my vacation time from work...). I am actually a labor and delivery nurse, so I'm well aware of what to do/ not to do during the entire duration of a pregnancy. (I hope that didn't come across as snippy.. I didn't mean it that way). Thanks for the suggestions though!

Oh, don't worry no offense taken. Ofcourse my post (and I'm sure the other's) were purely based on your post and the fact I don't know you or your situation. I was just thinking it would be sad for someone to cancel a trip just for being pregnant when it can still be fun, but it shows you already know that. Sorry.

As someone who knows about fertility issues (it took me and my husband 3 years to concieve our first son, and two years to concieve this one*) I wish you luck!

*Strangely, after 2 years of trying (and lots of money) it took a Disney trip to make it happen. lol.

^ No offense taken here either, I totally understand where you're coming from :) Good luck with the TTC! I'm in the 2 week wait right now (once again)...fun fun, lol :)

Just wanted to send you some "baby dust"!! It took me 4 years to concieve my second son, and we have been currently trying for our third for a while. I know that sometimes it helps to know that you are not the only one going thru the pain of infertility. I finally concieved my second on Clomid. Good luck, and may your wait for a baby go by quickly! :sunny:

Thank-you for all the good-luck wishes. I have an ultrasound tomorrow morning to see what the Clomid did- or even if it did anything at all. Let's keep our fingers crossed!!!

Vacation insurance is non refundable. So If you add that to your reservation, you lose the depost plus insurance. Good Luck!!

Good luck with all your projects! We have 2 clomid babies (grown now:) know all will go well, will be praying with you!
k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter