FREE DINING/did the CM lie to me??

maddhatir

DIS Veteran
When i first heard about the free dining promo on sunday i quickly called disney to book a ressie (disney VISA card) & (i already had ressies for POR in sept thru AAA- but wanted to be sure i didnt miss out)

when i s/w the CM i told him i wanted to book the free dining @ POR-- he told me right now you can only book at the value resorts- but he heard a rumor that they may be adding the mods in a few weeks-

so i hung up disappointed and of course no one believes a CM when they dont tell you what you want to hear :rotfl2: ......so

i called again, and got a very nice woman who said OH- no problem- you can get the free dining @ the POR! and would book it then and there.

:confused3

well anyway-- ended up changing mt ressies the the POP just to save even more money--- but-- that just makes me :furious:

The first CM either lied or has no clue. I booked my trip on Sat April 1 and I booked the Poly so he was definately wrong. I also just moved my dates so I could get free dining.

Well, I booked 4/1 at POFQ with the free dining, so I know it included moderates. That being said, there is no way to know if he lied or just really believed what he was saying. It could be that he was just misinformed or misunderstood the free dining plan himself. I can't see what benefit it was to him to lie to you. I agree that you did the right thing. If you have doubts about what a CM tells you, call back and talk to a different one. Some are less knowledgeable than others. Hope you have a great vacation

I agree. The CM gets no advantage from lying to you, so he simply didn't know the correct answer.

i didnt really mean- LIE! that is a bit harsh and sounds intentional.....

i should have said.......gave me the wrong info. that sounds nicer.

but i did check on the disney site this morning and the free dining promo does state VALUE resort.

maddhatir said:
of course no one believes a CM when they dont tell you what you want to hear

That's sometimes a tough lesson to learn. While most of the CMs are pretty good, and some are just amazingly good, the fact is many are horrible. We learned a long time ago that if what they are saying seems wrong, or if they are hard to understand, or is clear they are clueless on some things, or they take FOR-EVER to pull up simple info and communicate it and get really confused by a not-too-tough question, etc., we politely say 'thank you, we'll think about it', then call right back. We've had to 'call right back' many times (and sometimes twice in a row), but it it makes the world of difference, npi.

Then again, we took the mis-information to heart from the CM when calling for this package ('only garden-rooms and above at the Contemporary are covered by the free dining...'). Since we were really needing to not blow our budget and were leaning toward a moderate anyway, it was no big deal to book the moderate. A blessing in disguise. Just shows how tough it is to get the right/same answer from different reservation 'experts'.

Clueless/new, I can understand. What really drives me crazy is the confident idiot. Telling you, with no doubt, that this is how it is...and you know they're just wrong. You can hint that that's not right ('we heard that it was this way, are you sure?', etc), and they are quite positive and a little insulted you dare question them.

Disney SHOULD implement an end-of-call rating on CMs, where you are transferred to a quick question asking to punch 1-5 as to if they were knowledgeable and helpful. Then they should review the cumulative totals/percentages on the CMs regularly and get rid or re-train or change jobs/responsibilities on the low performers. :magnify:

ngtotd_dtrt said:
Disney SHOULD implement an end-of-call rating on CMs, where you are transferred to a quick question asking to punch 1-5 as to if they were knowledgeable and helpful. Then they should review the cumulative totals/percentages on the CMs regularly and get rid or re-train or change jobs/responsibilities on the low performers. :magnify:

Love this idea! I had an issue with a CM a couple of weeks ago telling me that it wasn't 180 days until my trip (trying to make my ADRs)...just called back and spoke to someone who could do math :rotfl:

:cool1: how do you book it online? I can't find it anywhere on the WDW site.... HELP!

Not that i'm allergic to phones, I just like to be able to play with numbers...

NEVERMIND! I found it. ;) Gee those search boxes are quite handy... :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter