Free dining...do I need to ask every single time if it's a ddp meal?

Belle Belinda

Mouseketeer
How am I suppose to know if the cookie is considered a snack or if the cheeseburger plater is on the ddp menu? Will I have to ask everysingle time or is it well indicated on the menus??? And how do you keep up with your points? Do you write them down on a piece of paper or is there automated machines to check up on or do you go to the front desk and get the countdown? This will be my first dining plan and I am a little nervous about asking for everything during my trip :guilty:

DDP is easy to use and seems to be getting even easier. I was at WDW in January, though not on DDP, and noticed that eligible snack items at a location where there may be a question had a DDP logo. e.g. There's a DDP logo next to the ice-cream bars and sodas at a stand but not on the churros (bummer about the churros :rolleyes: ) so it's fairly clear. We asked a few times when we were on DDP a year ago only because we were baffled by the huge amount of food included. e.g. Can we really order the double cheeseburger basket and a dessert and a drink?! Typically if it's on the menu without the words "add-on" and a fee for the add-on, it's covered. Sometimes a cashier at a CS location would remind us to get our desserts! There's a brochure you can see, and I've printed, on disney's website: http://adisneyworld.disney.go.com/m...gespecific/eng/nontheme/tickets/MYWDining.pdf this explains the program and gives a list of participating (nearly all in WDW) restaurants. There's a great FAQ thread above that gives additional detail and links.
Last year, a summary of remaining meals was included on each DDP receipt for tracking purposes, but I'm sure the front desk could also help.

Thanks! I was wondering too. Last time we went we had the Premium Package and everything was very easy. I wondered if the DDP was more of a hassle, glad to see it isn't.

For the sit down restaurants, I always informed the server that we were on the DDP as soon as they came to our table. Almost all of them said thank you for telling them right away. The server will immediately tell you what isn't covered under the plan. I think the only thing we ran into was something at Restaurant Marrakeesh (in Morrocco).

At the food court in Pop, any entree is covered. For the drinks, we got bottles of pop, bottles of water, bottles of milk, and juices in the glass bottles (so, pretty much anything goes). And for the dessert at Pop, we would grab muffins, or cookies, or slices of cake.

For the snacks, you can get any pop, water, popcorn, or ice cream bar at any of the carts throughout the parks. We had to pay OOP for the funnel cakes in MK.

I am thinking about going to Coral Reef on our next trip. I'm wondering if the lobster will be excluded for the dining plan (I don't know...just seems that anything that says "market price" would be excluded...lol).

Mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter