FREE DINING OFFER - BOOK BY 8/27 FOR 8/28 - 9/24 (Upgrade costs in post 1)

I am a little slow today. What would the daily cost be for an adult to get the plan the offers one sit down meal, one counter service and one snack per day?

I am booked the end of aug 2011 for 7 days,depending on how much I am able to budget and save if it turns out I can afford to add days to my trip later I would like to but would the days added on still qualify for free ddp if I add them after dec 20 or can I not change anything about the reservation after that date?

My question is similar to Daraddgs (but in reverse!) If I book for 10 days and wish to shorten after Dec 20 can I do so? (I realise there might be a fee.)

My question is similar to Daraddgs (but in reverse!) If I book for 10 days and wish to shorten after Dec 20 can I do so? (I realise there might be a fee.)

I am considering booking a 12 night stay for free dining, then cutting it back for 7 or 8 nights, depending on the flights we are able to get. The arrival date would still be within the FD period. I assume that I can do this but can anybody tell me for sure?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am a little slow today. What would the daily cost be for an adult to get the plan the offers one sit down meal, one counter service and one snack per day?

This thread is regarding the free dining promotion. If you book according to the first post at a moderate or deluxe resort, pay full price for the room and buy at least 2 day park tickets the plan is added at no extra cost.

If you were to pay for the regular dining plan it costs $41.99 per night in 2010 (except after December 17 when it costs $47.99 per night) and $45.99 per night in 2011 (except in peak periods when it costs $47.99 per night), adult pricing - age 10 and over.

I am considering booking a 12 night stay for free dining, then cutting it back for 7 or 8 nights, depending on the flights we are able to get. The arrival date would still be within the FD period. I assume that I can do this but can anybody tell me for sure?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

As long as your arrival date is within the promotion period. If you move the arrival date outside of the promotion period you lose the promotion.

So with the free dinning offer, if you want to get a up grade to the three meal plan(sorry i forgot the name) if your staying at a Mod do you have to pay thr normal diffrence?, or is there a special rate there?

You will pay the difference between the regular plan and the deluxe plan. That price will depend on whether or not you are in a peak period for the regular plan. If you are, the upgrade price will be lower, because the regular plan will be worth more.

I have two questions, my sister and I are planning on booking this for 6 days/5 nights. My boyfriend thinks he might want to go but won't know by December 20th if he can go in September. So if we book free dining for us, can we add him later or will he have to pay for food. Also we're just getting 5 day tickets and spending 1 day at universal so is the dining plan for the length of hotel stay or for the days of your tickets.

Thanks a bunch
Courtney

I have two questions, my sister and I are planning on booking this for 6 days/5 nights. My boyfriend thinks he might want to go but won't know by December 20th if he can go in September. So if we book free dining for us, can we add him later or will he have to pay for food. Also we're just getting 5 day tickets and spending 1 day at universal so is the dining plan for the length of hotel stay or for the days of your tickets.

Thanks a bunch
Courtney

The Dining plan is based on nights of stay on your reservation, so you'd have 5 TS, 5 CS and 5 snack credits per person.

I am planning our family trip for December 4, 2011 check-in for 18 people. Does anyone have any information or insight as to whether or not there will be free dining during that time period.

I am planning our family trip for December 4, 2011 check-in for 18 people. Does anyone have any information or insight as to whether or not there will be free dining during that time period.

No, there is no current information for December 2011. The only 2011 dates now being offered are through 9/29.

You may want to note that the first weekend of December 2010 is excluded from the current free dining offer.

Just need clarification b/c it wasn't mentioned in the original post - the Free Dining plan can not be combined with disney resort room discounts, correct? The offer states that you only qualify for free dining when you book 5 days + 4 nights at a non-discounted rate. Or am I missing something? Thanks.

I'm booked at POFQ on the regular Free Dining plan and we're thinking of upgrading to deluxe. Am I locked into the upgrade once I request it, or can I remove the upgrade at any time. Or, can I upgrade at any time before arrival? :confused3

Just need clarification b/c it wasn't mentioned in the original post - the Free Dining plan can not be combined with disney resort room discounts, correct? The offer states that you only qualify for free dining when you book 5 days + 4 nights at a non-discounted rate. Or am I missing something? Thanks.

Combining discounts is not allowed. It is correct that you will have to choose either free dining or another room discount. The only guests who can get both are apparently British guests booking an offer to stay at SSR.

However, the 5 days 4 nights used in the advertising is an example. Free dining has a minimum stay of 3 nights and a maximum stay of 14 nights.

I'm booked at POFQ on the regular Free Dining plan and we're thinking of upgrading to deluxe. Am I locked into the upgrade once I request it, or can I remove the upgrade at any time. Or, can I upgrade at any time before arrival? :confused3

You can make changes to a package up to 72 hours before arrival.

If you make changes within 45 days, a change fee is charged. This won't be charged for making an upgrade, so if you add to the cost of your package it won't cost you any extra. However, if you downgrade, the fee will apply. So if you add a DDP upgrade, then remove it within 45 days of arrival, you'll be charged the change fee for removing it. I think the fee is $50. There's also an extra $15 fee that may be charged for making changes to a package (upgrade or downgrade) within 2 weeks of arrival. So if you remove the dining upgrade within 2 weeks of arrival, it may cost you $65 to do so.

You can make changes to a package up to 72 hours before arrival.

If you make changes within 45 days, a change fee is charged. This won't be charged for making an upgrade, so if you add to the cost of your package it won't cost you any extra. However, if you downgrade, the fee will apply. So if you add a DDP upgrade, then remove it within 45 days of arrival, you'll be charged the change fee for removing it. I think the fee is $50. There's also an extra $15 fee that may be charged for making changes to a package (upgrade or downgrade) within 2 weeks of arrival. So if you remove the dining upgrade within 2 weeks of arrival, it may cost you $65 to do so.

Thanks TDC Nala - much appreciated. :flower3:

excuse my ignorance, but can you book the free dining online? i just tried for the dates posted here for 2011 and the website doesn't mention the free dining at all.

excuse my ignorance, but can you book the free dining online? i just tried for the dates posted here for 2011 and the website doesn't mention the free dining at all.

Hi Marvel - I booked by going to www.disneyworld.com then selected Tickets and Packages > Special Offers. Then scroll about 1/2 way down to "Vacation Packages" and the first option at present is the Free Dining. Select this offer and go ahead and book/get quotes, etc.

Unless you book by clicking on the offer, the website won't automatically show you the offer.

I booked on the website and then I called WDW to just clarify the ticket situation. You have to get 2 day base ticket now with the Free Dining. It used to be just one, but it was switched to 2.

I booked August 31-September 5, Wilderness Cabin. I am doing the mini-triathalon that weekend and turning the big 50. Thank goodness the tri-athalon starts at 6:00 A.M. I'm sure it is going to be very hot and muggy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter