"Free" Las Vegas vacation (on Travel Channel), but looks like time-share sales pitch

UnderTheMistletoe

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>DH calls me "Figg
Hi all-

Has anyone else see the advertisement on Travel Channel regarding the Tahiti Village resort in Las Vegas? It's advertised as totally free with a 866 number. Before calling and getting the scoop, I checked things out online. It looks as though it's a timeshare community from everything I can gather. I'd be interested in the free trip to Vegas (couples only, at that) and learning about timeshare communities, but am hesitant about calling in case they get ahold of the number and never stop bothering you... or it's a scam. It's on Travel Channel, that's why it seems more legitimate than some 3 am infomercial.

Has anyone else seen this commerical? Anyone else familiar with this type of sales pitch? Is it something you can graciously decline (we want DVC before Vegas :rolleyes: ) the sales offer? We are interested in time-shares in general, so it certainly could prove informative and educational. Just don't want ot get ourselves into an uncomfortable situation or on the wrong end of an scam.

Thanks-

When we were in Vegas in the summer we were already there staying at Harrahs. My DH thought it would be fun to sign us up for a timeshare presentation so we could get tickets to Lacage. We did the timeshare presentation and it was non preasure (unlike the few we did in Orlando when we were actually in the market for one- before discovering Disney). They were very good and understood from the start that we were there for the tickets. They made it nice and short and sweet and we were out in record time. I have to say I was angry at DH for it at first since but it did turn out to be okay, plus we were drinking margerita's prior to going. So does this include airfare or just hotel???? We are going again this summer and want to stay at four queens even though we are comped for Harrah's again, but had more of a blast on Friedmont street then on the strip believe it or not.

Yes it's a timeshare, I went to there web site.

I saw the add on the Travel Channel as well and they have radio adds in our area also. I assumed it was a timeshare and was going to check it out. Now I know. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter