Free water in the parks

amyecpa

Mouseketeer
Can someone describe the water situation at the CSs? Are they serve-your-self dispensers or do you have to ask a CM? Do they provide paper/plastic cups or should we bring our own? Thanks!

up at the counter they either have cups of ice water ready or will get them for you. you don't need to wait on line, just walk up to the pick-up counter

Ask a CM at the pickup counter and they will give you a glass. I think some of the Starbucks locations have a jar you can fill from.

When we order counter service, we ask for a cup of water when we pick up the order. Just tell them how many you need. No issue.

up at the counter they either have cups of ice water ready or will get them for you. you don't need to wait on line, just walk up to the pick-up counter
Yep, when it's particularly hot many CS counters go ahead and have them ready for you to pick up but if you don't see them just ask. And they don't have to be small cups if you ask for one, you can ask for a larger cup if you want.

Do you think they will ever stop giving away water for free? I'm honestly surprised they do it considering they could make so much more money selling bottled water. Not complaining, just surprised to see something free at Disney lol

Do you think they will ever stop giving away water for free? I'm honestly surprised they do it considering they could make so much more money selling bottled water. Not complaining, just surprised to see something free at Disney lol
I think it’s a courtesy so guests don’t become dehydrated and faint.

When DCA first opened, with an extreme lack of shade, CMs stationed along the walkways handed out free bottles of cold water on a 112 degree day to prevent more guests from fainting.

It’s hard to get my girls to drink water sometimes when it’s really hot they just don’t feel like it. We went in June 2016 and were waiting in line to meet a princess when we had to wait longer because they brought a women to the area who passed out. The CM was telling everyone in line to remember to drink water and you better believe my kids drank water after seeing that lady pass out.

Last edited:
In January we would just walk up to a CS and ask for water. At all locations that I asked for at MK and Epcot the water was already in the cups and were happy to give them to us. My husband was ill and need to drink a lot during the trip.

I understand that if you tip your head back and open your mouth while it's raining, Disney won't charge you for it. Subject to change, of course.

Bill From PA

Does the water they are giving out at counter service taste like Florida tap water or is it filtered?

If you are getting your free water from Yorkshire County,be sure to ask for a cup of "WAH-tuh"!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter