Freedom or Oasis??

I think both ships have the "lazy river" pool, but it's more just a circular pool (about the size of a large hot tub) with circulating water. It's not a "lazy river" like you'd see at a water park. I agree Allure will have more to do, but not a lot. Have you looked at flight prices/times? Flying to Orlando/Melboure/Daytona vs. Miami/Lauderdale/W. Palm may be enough of a price difference to help you choose.

I'm flying from Canada (Toronto) and the flights are all generally the same flying into MCO, FLL or Tampa. I haven't tried Daytona or W. Palm, but I will, thanks!

Funny thing is, the 7 night on the Allure on March 6th is about $30 cheaper then the 7 night on the Freedom and both are Verandah rooms.

Now, March 13th, 7 night is a tad higher on the Allure then the Freedom, but that's if I stay in a Porthole room vs a Verandah room. I really don't care what type of room I have as long as it's not an inside room cause I would have panic attacks.

Another thing I'm considering is that we're staying 3 nights before the B2B cruises on Disney property to just enjoy the resort, no parks. We would have to leave early Sunday am to drive to FLL which is appx 3 hours. We've done this drive before when we sailed the Disney Wonder out of Miami.
If I do the Freedom, it's about an hour drive to PC give or take.

One thing I don't like is I can't do laundry on the ship, I didn't realize this! I can't go 14 nights without doing laundry!

I have to make my decision up by tom and I'm going crazy lol...

You'd have to compare them, and someone who has been on more recently will hopefully chime in, but I remember a lazy river type pool that DD loved, and a couple others, when we were on Freedom it was just DH and I and we stuck mostly to the adults pool so can't quite remember.

I think they had self check out yes, we had a central park balcony on Oasis- we enjoyed it in the evenings- when DD was in bed (the nights she wasn't in the clubs till late! after the first night or 2 we let her stay till late) we loved sitting on the balcony- it was so quiet and often live piano or violin music. We found our balcony on Fantasy was too windy (may have just been our cruise I'm not sure) in the evenings and on Freedom we had an interior.

I watched some YouTube videos, so I got an idea, thanks!

On my Disney cruises I've never had any problem with wind, and out of the 11 I've done, only one wasn't a Verandah room. It was probably weather related. We've been very lucky though and have had perfect weather every cruise!

I just got off the Disney Wonder (Panama Canal cruise 14 nights) this past Friday, and had amazing weather and had a verandah room. You should give the Verandah another try:)

I think both ships have the "lazy river" pool, but it's more just a circular pool (about the size of a large hot tub) with circulating water. It's not a "lazy river" like you'd see at a water park. I agree Allure will have more to do, but not a lot. Have you looked at flight prices/times? Flying to Orlando/Melboure/Daytona vs. Miami/Lauderdale/W. Palm may be enough of a price difference to help you choose.

Do you happen to know how long of a drive it is from the FLL Port to West Palm Beach airport? I can get a flight on points and save lots of $$$ but the flight leaves at 12:15pm. Is this enough time?

Do you happen to know how long of a drive it is from the FLL Port to West Palm Beach airport? I can get a flight on points and save lots of $$$ but the flight leaves at 12:15pm. Is this enough time?
Google maps shows it as a 50 minute drive. Allow time to get your car, but I would think it would work.

ETA: I would do the express walk off (at about 6:30-7a), but I'm paranoid like that.

Last edited:
Google maps shows it as a 50 minute drive. Allow time to get your car, but I would think it would work.

Thanks!

I ended up finding him one out of FLL to Toronto on points and leaves at 11:40am. As soon as I make up my mind I will then book it.
I can't get the whole "no laundry" thing out of my head lol...I can't go 14 days without doing laundry, and I hate the fact of having to pay for it as well, plus I prefer to do my own.
I just got told by my TA that I would have a $300 onboard credit per cruise (new special that just came out) so I guess some of it could go towards laundry.

I'm flying from Canada (Toronto) and the flights are all generally the same flying into MCO, FLL or Tampa. I haven't tried Daytona or W. Palm, but I will, thanks!

Funny thing is, the 7 night on the Allure on March 6th is about $30 cheaper then the 7 night on the Freedom and both are Verandah rooms.

Now, March 13th, 7 night is a tad higher on the Allure then the Freedom, but that's if I stay in a Porthole room vs a Verandah room. I really don't care what type of room I have as long as it's not an inside room cause I would have panic attacks.

Another thing I'm considering is that we're staying 3 nights before the B2B cruises on Disney property to just enjoy the resort, no parks. We would have to leave early Sunday am to drive to FLL which is appx 3 hours. We've done this drive before when we sailed the Disney Wonder out of Miami.
If I do the Freedom, it's about an hour drive to PC give or take.

One thing I don't like is I can't do laundry on the ship, I didn't realize this! I can't go 14 nights without doing laundry!

I have to make my decision up by tom and I'm going crazy lol...

That's March break time so that's probably influencing the prices. I'm from Toronto too and Mar 13th is ours (mind you, I guess is varies across Canada/US). I'm actually surprised that Allure is less than Freedom.

Well, I'd be willing to "go crazy" with having to make the choice..ha ha. If it was us, we'd either do Freedom and then Oasis (to get different entertainment and experiences) or Oasis twice. Whatever you chose, it'll be great. So great you can do B2B and stay on Disney property. Awesome vacation.

That's March break time so that's probably influencing the prices. I'm from Toronto too and Mar 13th is ours (mind you, I guess is varies across Canada/US). I'm actually surprised that Allure is less than Freedom.

Well, I'd be willing to "go crazy" with having to make the choice..ha ha. If it was us, we'd either do Freedom and then Oasis (to get different entertainment and experiences) or Oasis twice. Whatever you chose, it'll be great. So great you can do B2B and stay on Disney property. Awesome vacation.

Lol, yes, Its a good thing to be going crazy over!

Our March break is the 13th as well, but it was cheaper to go the week before March Break and then the 13th for the 2nd cruise because going the week after March Break was more expensive, so yes, my kids will miss some school, but I'm fine with it.

Can I ask why Oasis over the Allure? Aren't they both the same?

I've considered the Oasis and then Freedom, but I would have to get a hotel, rental a car for one night to get from FLL to PC.

The Oasis doesn't have a B2B, but I could do the Oasis and then the Allure cause they're in the same Port.
Do you know If the shows are the same or different from the Oasis and the Allure?

I've considered the Oasis and then Freedom, but I would have to get a hotel, rental a car for one night to get from FLL to PC.

The Oasis doesn't have a B2B, but I could do the Oasis and then the Allure cause they're in the same Port.
Do you know If the shows are the same or different from the Oasis and the Allure?
The diving show might be similar, but the Broadway shows (Oasis has Cats and I think Allure has Chicago) are different. I don't know if the ice shows are different.

You would still need a hotel to do Oasis/Allure. Oasis is Sat-Sat and Allure is Sun-Sun.

The diving show might be similar, but the Broadway shows (Oasis has Cats and I think Allure has Chicago) are different. I don't know if the ice shows are different.

You would still need a hotel to do Oasis/Allure. Oasis is Sat-Sat and Allure is Sun-Sun.

Thank-you!

Yes, I would need a hotel for 1 night. The Oasis and Allure are so alike, so I'm not sure if it's worth it to get off, get a hotel and get back on the next day to the Allure? It's so hard to decided cause I've never done any of the ships.

Is it just the shows were the differences are or are their more?

Ask me anything about Disney and I can help, but RCL I'm lost!

I've only been on Oasis and read about the Allure. Are the itineraries different? My suggestion at this point is to google the differences between the two.

Lol, yes, Its a good thing to be going crazy over!

Our March break is the 13th as well, but it was cheaper to go the week before March Break and then the 13th for the 2nd cruise because going the week after March Break was more expensive, so yes, my kids will miss some school, but I'm fine with it.

Can I ask why Oasis over the Allure? Aren't they both the same?

I only mentioned Oasis (vs Allure) since that was your original question. We are going on the Allure in the spring and that's my personal first choice for two reasons:
  1. Mamma Mia vs Cats for the Broadway show
  2. Sunday departure vs Saturday departure (i.e. so we can fly in the day before)
But from what I understand, they are very similar otherwise...both the ship and they both rotate Eastern Caribbean with Western Caribbean.

I only mentioned Oasis (vs Allure) since that was your original question. We are going on the Allure in the spring and that's my personal first choice for two reasons:
  1. Mamma Mia vs Cats for the Broadway show
  2. Sunday departure vs Saturday departure (i.e. so we can fly in the day before)
But from what I understand, they are very similar otherwise...both the ship and they both rotate Eastern Caribbean with Western Caribbean.

I like that it's from a Sunday-Sunday as well, and yes they do both Eastern and Western. I prefer Western.

I like that it's from a Sunday-Sunday as well, and yes they do both Eastern and Western. I prefer Western.

If you do back to back of the same ship, then you'll get to do both. If you do Freedom followed by Oasis or Allure, then it would depend on what it is doing that week.

Let us know what you decide. It's certainly a decision I wish I had to make. :)

If you do back to back of the same ship, then you'll get to do both. If you do Freedom followed by Oasis or Allure, then it would depend on what it is doing that week.

Let us know what you decide. It's certainly a decision I wish I had to make. :)

If I do a back to back it would be Freedom then Allure or Oasis and then Allure. I can't do Freedom then Oasis cause the Oasis is only sailing on the 5th and not after that until the 17th. I could do Oasis on the 5th and then the Freedom on the 13th as another option as well.
The thing with the Freedom and then the Allure is I would have to get off ASAP from the Freedom and bolt to FLL to get on the Allure cause they're in port on the same days. It's a bit stressful I think...
I really do appreciate all your help:)

If I do a back to back it would be Freedom then Allure or Oasis and then Allure. I can't do Freedom then Oasis cause the Oasis is only sailing on the 5th and not after that until the 17th. I could do Oasis on the 5th and then the Freedom on the 13th as another option as well.
The thing with the Freedom and then the Allure is I would have to get off ASAP from the Freedom and bolt to FLL to get on the Allure cause they're in port on the same days. It's a bit stressful I think...
I really do appreciate all your help:)

Ah ok...so Freedom is in Orlando and I know Allure is in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe someone who knows Florida better can respond, but since they kick you off the ship pretty early, and Allure tends leave at 4:30pm (which means you have to be there by 3:30pm? ), and you would be getting their by car, I wouldn't think it would be an issue (as opposed to flying in same day). But I've never done it so can't say.
If I had an option, I'd personally want to do Freedom followed by Allure...but that's just me with going from smaller to larger in terms of ship. But I haven't been on either to date so not talking from experience. Or Oasis then Allure. But Freedom by Allure will be fantastic too. You really can't go wrong. :-)

PS - Have you tried posting on cruise critic? A lot on there have cruised Royal many times...plus there is a Florida board thread you could get a good idea of travelling from one place to the other.

Ah ok...so Freedom is in Orlando and I know Allure is in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe someone who knows Florida better can respond, but since they kick you off the ship pretty early, and Allure tends leave at 4:30pm (which means you have to be there by 3:30pm? ), and you would be getting their by car, I wouldn't think it would be an issue (as opposed to flying in same day). But I've never done it so can't say.
If I had an option, I'd personally want to do Freedom followed by Allure...but that's just me with going from smaller to larger in terms of ship. But I haven't been on either to date so not talking from experience. Or Oasis then Allure. But Freedom by Allure will be fantastic too. You really can't go wrong. :-)

I'm now worried maybe 14 nights is too much because I've never sailed RCL. I hate the "unknown"
Maybe 7 nights is enough and the kids and I can do something for the 2nd week in Orlando.
Originally, my friend and her 2 kids were coming, but she had to back out, so now it's the DH, the kids and I for the 1st cruise, and then the kids and I for the 2nd week. My DH can only come for 1 week.

Yes, cruise critic is a great idea and I'm reading posts as we speak:)

Thanks!

Royal is super family friendly, and lots to do...but only you can make the call.
Cruise critic is really helpful. I'm on there all the time (LuCruise)

Royal is super family friendly, and lots to do...but only you can make the call.
Cruise critic is really helpful. I'm on there all the time (LuCruise)

I did it! I'm part of that board now:)
I did post a thread and wow, got so many helpful responses!
Thanks so much!!
Ps...I've been reading pretty much all day, and have read some of your comments:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter