Freezer in which resort refrigerators ?

abarnes64

Mouseketeer
Do all DVC resorts have refrigerators with freezers? We like to keep ice packs and Mickey plastic ice cubes frozen!

Are staying at AKV and OKW in Sept- HOT

For which sized rooms? Any villa with a kitchen will have a full-sized refrigerator with a freezer.

In studios, it's hit or miss. The regrigerators are small under-counter units. The older refrigerators all had small freezer compartments in them. However, it appears that as Disney has been replacing broken refrigerators, the new ones do not have freezer compartments. Ours at SSR on our most recent stay, unfortunately, was one of ones that did not. For all of our previous trips to SSR, the studio refrigerator did have a freezer.

I've always had a freezer section in the Studio mini fridge (twice each at OKW and Jambo, once at BCV) but NOT at Villas at the Grand Floridian. The cast members will swear to you that the "middle shelf" is a freezer shelf, but the manufacturer's web site does not mention a freezer in that model, nor does looking at or using the unit indicate that it is a freezer section.
The freezer section is very important to me, as I bring a good quantity of food due to religious dietary requirements. And also to freeze drinks to keep them cool until used.

We did NOT have a freezer in our Jambo House Std. studio when we were there in January. This was the first time I can remember not having one. I always order frozen waffles with our grocery order and we also use "blue ice" freezer packs so I was disappointed we had to have soggy waffles the whole time we were there.

We did NOT have a freezer in our Jambo House Std. studio when we were there in January. This was the first time I can remember not having one. I always order frozen waffles with our grocery order and we also use "blue ice" freezer packs so I was disappointed we had to have soggy waffles the whole time we were there.

Wow. I guess the lack of a freezer not only saves money purchasing the unit, but they must use fewer watts. Think how much DVC will save from the use of thousands of these freezer-less units!

The ONLY time I didn't have a freezer was in a Jambo studio. That's in 12 years of ownership, about a dozen studios. Haven't tried VGF, but that's a real disappointment to hear that they don't have freezers either. I like my ice.

This is a picture of the mini-refrigerator I had at VGF. I asked concierge about it, and they told me that the middle shelf is the "freezer," as per the manufacturer's specifications. But when I looked up the model on-line, there was no mention of a freezer. Logically, it would seem impossible, just looking at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter