• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friday - Small World Night

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Is it still Small World Night? or has it changed? Do they still bring out the flags?
Planning on having us dress in red/white/blue shirts and beads and Mickey flag pins

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
Is it still Small World Night? or has it changed? Do they still bring out the flags?
Planning on having us dress in red/white/blue shirts and beads and Mickey flag pins

Yes, ours was on Friday night.

You're welcome, and a howdy doo good morning to you as well Barb!!!

When I was last on the ship July 5th - 12th, the Friday night was "The Best...of" night with "The Best...of" menu. The servers wore the standard rotation costume (the costume that matched the restaurant) and not the flag vests although they still did the flag parade and played the Small World music.

The old "Small World" menu was served on Wednesday night on the Eastern, and Tuesday night on the Western but the menu name had changed to "Around the World", and the servers wore their flag vests on that night.

But, things may have changed back since then?

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney

Huh?? I have never seen anyone dress up for Best of -Small world night. At the end of the meal the servers do a parade with the flags that represent the various contries of the cm's but I never saw any guests dressed in their countries garb. What are the beads for?

I have to agree with DisneylandDarrin. We were jsut onthe 9/13 Magic and It's a Small World was on Wednesday and Best of ... was on Friday but they still did the parade of flags. Maybe they consistantly change this?

I think the "parade" with the flags was originally held on the "It's a Small World" menu night but has now changed to the "Best of" menu on the last night.

They tie this in with the recognition that the ships Cast Members are from nations around the globe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter