Fridge/Freezers

Absolutely hate our side by side … next will be fridge over freezer for us

Freezer over fridge for me. I would prefer a bigger freezer and aimed for the largest freezer vs fridge I could find. And none of that ice-maker crap taking up space in the freezer either.

1710444054219.png

Do you mean like the photo above? If so, yes it's on my list for the next house

Or do you mean like the photos below, a standard fridge/freezer combo? If so, then yes - we have three of these.

1710444142004.png

1710444207093.png

Side by side in the kitchen, I keep minimal stuff in its freezer. Full upright freezer in the basement that stores most stuff. Then an overflow/drinks french door fridge/drawer freezer in the garage. And a mini fridge in the hangout shed. Blessed with an abundance of refrigeration!

Right now I have a French door with a bottom freezer in the kitchen, and a stand alone freezer and a top freezer refrigerator in my basement for backup. I am going to need a new fridge sometime this year for the kitchen, but I am not getting another French door version because no matter which door I open, the item I am looking for is on the other side. I will probably get either a top or bottom freezer standard fridge, whichever I can get at a good price (they are SO expensive right now).

I have the double door refrigerator up top with freezer on the bottom and a 5 foot upright freezer in a tuck away corner of the kitchen.

Absolutely hate our side by side … next will be fridge over freezer for us
I don't hate ours (side by side), but I grew up with a fridge over freezer. Didn't know there was anything different until I got my first apartment and it was freezer on top Just don't get it. Cold drops, freezer should be on the bottom. Fridge on bottom means I have to bend over every time I want to get something out.

We have a french door/ freezer on the bottom. A full upright freezer. And just recently bought a baby fridge like at DVC. No freezer. It's our drink fridge. When ever family came over, it was horrible trying to keep both food and 2700 bottles of water, juice, seltzer and/or soda in fridge.

No ice maker/water things either. My DD has that and it takes up so much space inside fridge. We are proud owners of ice cube trays. One of those things our grandkids have no idea how to get the cubes out of them. :sad2:

We have a French door fridge over freezer on it's last legs...we just ordered another French door fridge over freezer to replace it. We've never been a multiple fridge family but somehow got $100 off the new fridge if we added a free mini fridge to our order. DH has claimed it for his office. I want to sell it.

We have a French door fridge with a freezer drawer on the bottom. We also have a separate deep freeze chest freezer. We used to have a secondary fridge...small freezer on top and larger fridge on bottom, but I guess I'm not cut out for having a second fridge in the garage. So we got rid of it.

Not sure what a double is.

I grew up with a freezer on the top fridge about half my childhood, and a freezer on the bottom the other half. Neither really worked very well because it was hard to organize contents where you either weren't stooping to get into what every portion was on the bottom (freezer or fridge).
My wife and I have had side by sides for over 40 years and it seems to be the best of both worlds. Stuff you use most frequently in either the fridge or freezer are at the top, less used items at the bottom. Cuts stooping down a lot.
Never had a second freezer as a 27 cubic foot side by side held everything we could ever need, over a months worth of groceries in the freezer when both kids were still home. Now it's just two of us, both the fridge and freezer are half empty.
Only thing we would NEVER get again is an ice maker and water through the door. They break frequently, are expensive to fix, and our current one leaked and ruined the floor under the fridge.

2 side by sides-1 in the kitchen/1 in the garage. 1 full size single door freezer.

Sorry, I was vague. I meant a fridge/freezer with two doors next to each other as opposed to a single fridge/freezer where a fridge or freezer is stacked one on top of each other.

Single:

View attachment 841905

Double:

View attachment 841906
The lower picture is called a side by side here. The fridge is all on one side, the freezer the other.

In general, I like the top bottom configuration better without the automatic ice maker or all the gadgets. The more gadgets there are the more frequent and expensive the repairs are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter