JoeyPeligroso

Mouseketeer
I’m a frequent traveler to Disney World. My next trip will be new to me in several ways, and I’d really appreciate some advice from those with experience in MDE and Genie +. I’d also love to hear strategies for managing a party as the adult with 4 teenagers who want a bit of appropriate independence. Here are some basics of the planned trip:
  • I’ll be staying onsite in a DVC accommodation (CCV) – 2-bedroom villa.
  • We are planning for 3 consecutive days in the parks over Memorial Weekend with park days on Sat, Sun, and Monday (busy times I presume).
  • In addition to my two teen boys, I’ll be taking two of their friends (total of four boys 13 or above in age).
  • The boys would like some exploring time with “less” supervision in the parks (I’ll be in the same park with them but will let them make choices as to rides/activities and may not ride with them all the time).
  • My boys have been to the parks many times, their guests/friends have far less experience.
  • Though I’ve used MDE many times, I’ve never use Genie + (my last trip was July 2021)
  • I have no issue in paying for Genie + or other paid options for rides for the entire party. My goal is fun and flexibility – not necessarily cost savings…. I don’t want to waste money, but hey I’m going to Disney World!
  • The friends/guests may or may not have their own MDE accounts – likely they don’t
  • All five members of my party are listed on my DVC reservation which I will link to MDE on the Disney World Website.
  • I presume that I’ll create new profiles for the two additional guests after I link the DVC accommodations.
  • I’ll be purchasing tickets for the whole party (parkhoppers despite the limitations with park hopping currently) and assigning those tickets to the individuals in my party on MDE after I have all 5 profiles.
My Questions:
  • Because I’m buying tickets for the whole party is it appropriate to make profiles and assign tickets as above?
  • I presume that while I am able to manage rides for the party that the boys and/or friends may want to manage rides on their own from time to time, is the setup above good?
  • Because my boys and their guests may wish to use MDE and/or play a role in booking rides, do they use my account on their phones or create new ones? I’d like to keep it simple…..
  • What is the best method to buy Genie + and/or other options for my party, is the above setup of profiles and ticket assignments ok?
  • Is there a better way to manage park days?
  • Are there any teenager specific activities that you have experience when taking guests of you children?
  • Are there resort specific or non-park activities that you have enjoyed with a group like this? I’ve done fishing, bowling, golf, Disney Springs with my own kids in the past.
  • Any survival tips for the single adult (me) on this trip?
  • Do Genie + or the other new paid options benefit my party in comparison to the old Fastpass?
  • What is fun to do on your own at Disney when you are supervising your teens from a distance while in the same park with them?
  • Are there any specific plans that are good for a partly like mine; anything that I should bring other than typical things that I would otherwise bring for my family?
Thanks for your advice and answers!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter