• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friendly wager between spouses - what to bet?

soccerdad72

DIS Veteran
Total fluff thread, BTW, but I'm trying to think of creative ideas...

Quick background - my wife and I have signed up for a weight loss competition at the cross fit gym we go to. My wife thought it would help keep both of us motivated if we had a little side competition with each other (total % weight lost wins).

All that's left is to decide what to wager. Money makes no sense, since we have joint finances, so I'm trying to think of something else that we can bet for this, but I suck at creativity :p Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

No brainer for me... A Hotel stay that has a gorgeous pool! Gym optional!! :)

I like the chores idea and dinner/movie of the winner's choosing. DH and I will do friendly bets like this for little things, and the winner gets to choose a small splurge of some kind that the other will go buy - donuts, ice cream sundae, etc. Something we don't indulge in often. Might seem funny since it's for a weight loss challenge, but could be a good reward! lol!

Thanks guys - I thought about the dinner and movie of the winner's choice idea, but I also like the chore one - we'd just have to think of a chore that neither of us would want to do (that shouldn't be hard ;) :p ).

Sounds like a fun idea. Maybe the winner could select the next getaway destination. Doesn't sound like either one of you would force the other into something where the Bataan death march would be preferable, so that might be a fun way for both to win.

Total fluff thread, BTW, but I'm trying to think of creative ideas...

Quick background - my wife and I have signed up for a weight loss competition at the cross fit gym we go to. My wife thought it would help keep both of us motivated if we had a little side competition with each other (total % weight lost wins).

All that's left is to decide what to wager. Money makes no sense, since we have joint finances, so I'm trying to think of something else that we can bet for this, but I suck at creativity :p Any ideas would be appreciated. :)

winner gets....
This.

Maggiano's offers the option to order your massive 16-ounce steak "Contadina Style"—topped with two Italian sausages, crispy red potatoes, mushrooms, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, steak jus, and garlic butter. This meal could easily feed a family of four for dinner.

Calories: 2,600
Fat: 194 grams
Saturated fat: 71 grams
Sodium: 5,800 milligrams
Sugar: 20 grams
How to burn it off: Hit the rowing machine for 7 1/2 hours

Or.....

This

The standard version of this burger clocks in at a belly-busting 1,390 calories. But at Red Robin, you can "Make it a Monster" by adding a second 6-ounce beef patty to your sandwich. Order a combo with a Monster Salted Caramel Milkshake (1,496 calories) and a side of Steak Fries (371 calories), and you've racked up enough calories for two days. And let's not forget the unbelievable 205 grams of sugar—that's the equivalent of 50 teaspoons.

Calories: 3,540
Fat: 181 grams
Saturated fat: 69 grams
Sodium: 6,280 milligrams
Sugar: 205 grams
How to burn it off: Walk briskly for 12 hours

How about someone doing the cooking for a full week. Winner gets to pick what to cook.

winner gets....
This.
The standard version of this burger clocks in at a belly-busting 1,390 calories. But at Red Robin, you can "Make it a Monster" by adding a second 6-ounce beef patty to your sandwich. Order a combo with a Monster Salted Caramel Milkshake (1,496 calories) and a side of Steak Fries (371 calories), and you've racked up enough calories for two days. And let's not forget the unbelievable 205 grams of sugar—that's the equivalent of 50 teaspoons.

Calories: 3,540
Fat: 181 grams
Saturated fat: 69 grams
Sodium: 6,280 milligrams
Sugar: 205 grams
How to burn it off: Walk briskly for 12 hours

As I've posted before, DW and I are both very much into health and fitness. We pack almost all of our own food when we go to WDW, so we're pretty ignorant to a lot of the offerings. When we were there last week, a family friend (who is also a CM) told us about the Kitchen Sink they offer at Beaches and Cream. All 5 of us love ice cream...it's one of the few "cheat" things DW allows herself to have once in a while. I told her that I don't care how many calories it has or how much fat it has, we HAVE to indulge ourselves once and try it. Maybe she and I can come up with a good wager and the loser pays...or the winner gets the first 10 bites. :D

I like the chore idea but since I'm a SAHM and do 99% of the chores if dh wins it wouldn't be like he got anything exciting LOL

Watch the chores one. Even if I win, I somehow end up guilted by DW into doing some chores of my own while she's doing the "bet" chores.

Atrapitis.gif

But maybe I'm easily guilted....:confused3

I proposed the chore idea to my wife and she came back with picking up dog poop for the month. :headache: I suppose the kids will make out for the best on this deal. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter