From All Star to FW?

European

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

I'm flying over from Europe to tent camp at Fort Wilderness on my own. The first night, I'm staying at All Star Movies. I would like to know how my luggage will get to Fort Wilderness. Will Disney bring them? If so at what time? Will I have to bring them myself? If so how? 1: Take the bus to DTD and then bus to FW or 2: take the bus to T&T center and then bus to FW? Do you think I will be able to put up my tent as soon as I arrive (parhaps 11 am?depends also on what time I wake up at All Star).
Do you know what time the check-out is? Because after tent camping at FW, I will be staying at Old Key West Resort. Same scenario here for the luggage. Thanks for your help!!

While I have never transferred luggage to FW, I have between resort hotels.

In those situations I have just had the bellhop pick up the luggage the morning I was leaving the first resort and they delivered it to my room during the day at the second resort. They will probably not deliver it during your move from AS to FW.

I would suggest giving them the luggage then going out to spend the day at a park or other activity. The reception outpost should have the luggage when you drop by in the afternoon. After you check in there they will take you to the campsite.

Good luck - it should work out fine

Transfering luggage to Ft Wilderness won't be a problem. Take the bags to the Bell Services counter of the All Stars and tell them you need it transferred to Ft Wilderness. Usually this will be completed by late afternoon. Just pick up your luggage at the campgrounds Bell Services. Tell them you don't have a car and they'll get a courteousy van to take you and the bags to your campsite. Remember if you want the van to pick you up when you check out of the campgrounds you need to reserve it 24 hours in advance. Just visit the parks you want to and take the Ft Wilderness bus back to the campgrounds. Do the same sort of baggage transfer to get your things to OKW.

All-Stars will even pick up your bags from your room after you have left if you call Bell Services the day before.

The transfer of your luggage may take several hours. If you want to go ahead and set up your tent when you check-in to Ft. Wilderness (1pm check-in), you might want to carry it with you if it is small enough.

Check-out time at all resorts is 11am.

To get yourself there, the best way is to take the bus to the MK, then take the boat to Ft. Wilderness. You will then have to take an internal bus to the Reception Outpost.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter