From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone, just wanted to share my excitement over my new Mickey gold hook bracelet that I had custom designed!! I had one of those 'Ocean City hook bracelets' for years (for those of you who have heard of the traditional Caribbean hook bracelet, the OC one is modeled off that, for Ocean City, NJ). But last year we moved from OC and I didnt really have a need for it anymore but didnt want to just stick it in a drawer either, because it was 14k gold. So, I took it to my jeweler and used the same bracelet, just had the middle OC piece removed and redesigned to be Mickey's head and still with the 'hook' clasp style--here is a picture below-- it is kind of blurry because of my cell phone quality picture but you can sort of see the tiny diamonds in his ears and the bigger diamond by the clasp. Just couldnt wait to share the pic with you all when I got it, I am so glad I got to turn my bracelet into something that I will never want to change my love for, Disney!!

Love it Nicole! It's beautiful and Mickey all in one!!!

Harole Anne, I am so glad you get to go on this trip. I know how hard it is to see someone with Dementia. My step dad died from it last Oct. He was 93. He had it for many years and my Mom never wanted to put him in a nursing home said she promised him that she would never do that. She cared for him at home for many years never going anywhere other than the gorcery store and church. his daughter would watch him for an 1 hour. She loved him very much but she was trapped. We tried to get her to get help but never would. Was even cutting her own hair at home. My husband could not go on this trip but she is. My dad always talked of the canal as he would go down there frequently and it was my Dream to go on a cruise to the Panama Canal with him. Well he died over 22 years ago. So my Mom will go which is the next best thing. I can't wait! :yay:

Thanks so much. My mil had no idea I was there and since it was my first visit since I lost my dh it was so difficult, but somehow I know I will return again. I know how much my dh wanted to take our grandson on a Disney Cruise and now he is taking me. He says his granddad will be with us in our hearts every minute of the trip and I know he is right. There was nothing my dh loved more that Disney, except for his family so this would have ment so much to him. Everyone on this board has been so wonderful and I can't wait to meet you in person!:love:

Hey Everyone, just wanted to share my excitement over my new Mickey gold hook bracelet that I had custom designed!! I had one of those 'Ocean City hook bracelets' for years (for those of you who have heard of the traditional Caribbean hook bracelet, the OC one is modeled off that, for Ocean City, NJ). But last year we moved from OC and I didnt really have a need for it anymore but didnt want to just stick it in a drawer either, because it was 14k gold. So, I took it to my jeweler and used the same bracelet, just had the middle OC piece removed and redesigned to be Mickey's head and still with the 'hook' clasp style--here is a picture below-- it is kind of blurry because of my cell phone quality picture but you can sort of see the tiny diamonds in his ears and the bigger diamond by the clasp. Just couldnt wait to share the pic with you all when I got it, I am so glad I got to turn my bracelet into something that I will never want to change my love for, Disney!!

braceletmickey.jpg

I love your bracelet. Our dear friends sent me a Mickey necklace for my birthday which is way more than our usual birthday exchange, but they wanted me to have it for our cruise. I love my Mickey jewelry too!

Sure...feel free to use it.
PCLogocopy.png

Thanks - I will be using it too. If I find a good deal on printing shirts, will have a couple made for us with this image on it. If I do, I will try and get the image placed on file so that others can use it at a reduced price. Will let you all know.

Val

thanks!!!!!

Oh, wow! I LOVE the bracelet. I printed the the picture so tha next time I go to Mexico (I crosss the border for rx's, eyeglasses, etc.). I have a favorite jeweler there and I am going to have them make me one!!!!! I like silver and they are really good. I have bought several items from them and they are wonderful. They always have free shots and beer, that's to get you to soften up and buy more, lol. I have bought a few cute Mickey items from them already

Well, I went to the chiropractor this morning for a pinched nerve in my back - having pain in my neck and horrible headache:headache: When I started with the migrain last week I think that was just the beginning. She said it would take at least four treatments for relief, but I do feel somewhat better since I got home. I am just taking it easy this afternoon which I don't seem to have a problem doing!:)

I did try to sort clothes - before cruise, cruise daytime, cruise evening, cruise excursion, cruise formal, Palo, after cruise, & staying at my daughter's house. Right now it looks like I am moving out of my house! I don't think it is going to fit in my car!!:laughing:

Since I put hooks over the spare bedroom door to organize and things are falling off the hooks, I think that means it is time to narrow things down a wee bit, but where to start! That can wait for another day, Scarlet!:confused3

It has been a while since I have been on a Disney Cruise and I was wondering if there were any coffee lovers on here that might have an opinion on the current state of DCL coffee. The coffee at Disneyland is very weak so if the coffee is the same on the boat then I will think about bringing my own (probably french press).

Any thoughts?

Brooklyn - thanks for the image!
Nicole - great bracelet!

Harole Anne - Katie says Hi! And I am giggling at your post about clothes. I know I will be doing that also. I already have a rubbermaid tub I am putting those extra items in: goggles, FE gifts, etc.

OK - tech help needed. I apparently neglected to write down the limo company we are using in January! DOH. I was saving the email to print. When my yahoo/FB accts were hacked I lost all emails!! Is there a way to search the old threads and see if I posted the name!?

Isn't someone using the same limo from WDW!? I remember us talking about that.

Nicole - great bracelet!

Harole Anne - Katie says Hi! And I am giggling at your post about clothes. I know I will be doing that also. I already have a rubbermaid tub I am putting those extra items in: goggles, FE gifts, etc.

OK - tech help needed. I apparently neglected to write down the limo company we are using in January! DOH. I was saving the email to print. When my yahoo/FB accts were hacked I lost all emails!! Is there a way to search the old threads and see if I posted the name!?

Isn't someone using the same limo from WDW!? I remember us talking about that.
We're using Southern Elegance

It has been a while since I have been on a Disney Cruise and I was wondering if there were any coffee lovers on here that might have an opinion on the current state of DCL coffee. The coffee at Disneyland is very weak so if the coffee is the same on the boat then I will think about bringing my own (probably french press).

Any thoughts?

Well I can't speak for the coffee (not a drinker), but my DH is addicted to the chai at Cove Cafe and it seems to be a popular place in the mornings, so they must be doing something right. Plus, they make a great hot chocolate and awesome smoothies for the non coffee drinker like myself.

Any thoughts?

Well I can't speak for the coffee (not a drinker), but my DH is addicted to the chai at Cove Cafe and it seems to be a popular place in the mornings, so they must be doing something right. Plus, they make a great hot chocolate and awesome smoothies for the non coffee drinker like myself.

The free coffee is the same old yucky nescafe. For me, coffee in the Cove is worth paying for!

LOVE the Mickey hook bracelet!

OK - tech help needed. I apparently neglected to write down the limo company we are using in January! DOH. I was saving the email to print. When my yahoo/FB accts were hacked I lost all emails!! Is there a way to search the old threads and see if I posted the name!? .

Two ways to search.

1. Search the whole boards
Towards the top of the web page you have a red bar that goes all the way along the page (above the DU advert). On the right hand side of that is the word search and a down triangle next to it. Click on that and it gives you a basic search box. For your search you probably want to do an advanced search which is a text link at the bottom of that box. In the advanced search you can put in your Dis ID and a key search term.

2. Search an individual thread

Below the DU advert and the page numbers there is a red bar on the right hand side of the forum (this is just at the top of all the individual posts) there is a link that says "Search This Thread" again click that and it gives you a basic search box for that thread only. Again there is an advanced option which is better if you are looking for a post that you may have made.

You could try this search on all the previous 3 PC cruise threads using option 2. It will give you a more targeted search. Using option 1 could give you a lot of search results to filter through, so unless you are looking for something fairly unique, I think option 2 is better.

Lastly I highly recommend a site called Tripit.com - it basically is a service that combines all your trip plans into one itinerary. I used it for our 4 week trip back to Europe because it was getting complicated with staying in several places, taking trains here, cars there, ferries somewhere else. It was great to have it all written in one place. There is an option to email your reservations to a special email address and TripIt will try and read your reservation and upload it to the itinerary. This only works with big things, like airplane tickets, hotel chains etc, but there is an option to manually add reservations that it cannot automatically parse into your itinerary. Love it. Set one up also for a camping trip and this cruise. At least I have all my plans in one place. :thumbsup2 - Oh and they have an iphone app too.

--Kay

Any thoughts?

I have bought three packs of Starbucks Via! :wizard:

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone can give me some names of Limo companies that you would trust to take you from the port in LA to Disneyland?

Thanks!

Nicole - great bracelet!

Something I struggled with was the weight of my suitcases. Just because I could fit it in didn't make it ok, even with Virgin America allowing 70 pounds for the first case. I love bling on my clothes and have a lot of beaded tops and formal dresses. The long formal dresses with all the beads weigh in at almost 6 pounds each. What I found worked was rather then filling a suitcase and weighing it, I fold all my clothes, put them in large ziplock bags and put a suitcase worth into laundry baskets. Then I just weigh the laundry basket. It much easier on me and the clothes, don't need to keep opening and closing the suitcase. Plus the pets freak out as soon as I bring those dreaded cases (they know the cases mean we are leaving them again) out so I can leave that until the last minute. val

Hi everyone!

The Secret Mickey sign-up is officially and forever closed! :lmao:

I will be assigning the new SMs later on today. Thank you to everyone participating - we have about 60 participants! As a reminder, if you haven't already, please read the directions for the SM on our Cruise website (you can find the link on the 1st page). If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

Have a magical day!

Thanks - I will be using it too. If I find a good deal on printing shirts, will have a couple made for us with this image on it. If I do, I will try and get the image placed on file so that others can use it at a reduced price. Will let you all know.

Val

I just ordered 4 t-shirts from Vista Prints, have never ordered from them but read here the quality was acceptable. I uploaded this great image (see post 79 by Brooklyn). I found a pretty good price, $29.11 for 4 with image upload and shipping. http://www.couponcabin.com/coupons/vistaprint/ has a number of promotion codes you can review. I used the first one, the 50% off. The image is now on their files, 3TDZ4-DA412-3X1, so if you want to order it from them, you won't be charged the image upload fee (if there is a problem accessing it let me know and I can have you use my account password). val

I have bought three packs of Starbucks Via! :wizard:

I haven't tried it yet. Is it pretty good? I guess most coffee would be better than Disney stuff though!!:lmao:

I did feel that room service coffee and dining room coffee was slightly better than the self serve stuff, but that could be because it was a bit stronger.

The free coffee is the same old yucky nescafe. For me, coffee in the Cove is worth paying for!

I was afraid that was the case (while secretly hoping it wasn't) It looks like I will have a Plan B ready with the Cove available too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter