Frustrated!!-Cant Get AP Standard room for WL or GF in May!

Disneyfun1

Walt Disney World Lover-DVC Owner Since 1/07
I am getting very frustrated. I can usually get the rooms i want by just waiting it out, but it doesnt look good this trip.

I have tried and tried to get a room at the GF on May 14-1 night Garden View Passholder rate-nothing is available. I finally did book the Lagoon View, but that was $100 more than i had planned, but since its our honeymoon night, i took it, but i would still like to downgrade to garden view.

the other problem is the Wilderness lodge. I want a standard room AP rate from may 19-23-4 nights, but they never have that either, only woods sometimes or courtyard, and that is another $ 56-91 night extra over the PO-R we booked as a backup!!

Help me!!

If anyone is on the phone and happens to ask, check my dates and email me so i dont call them all the time like i do now!!

disneyfun1@cox.net

thanks.

Any other year May would have more availibility, but this year due to the 50 year celebration, May is really busy. Also fewer and fewer standard and garden rooms are being discounted as more people are traveling and Disney can book the lower priced rooms at Rack rate. I also think many people are booking in May to avoid hurricane season.

Good luck.

You are looking for a Saturday night at GF, weekend nights are harder to get. I don't think WL has many standard view rooms. So it's not surprising you can't get a discount on either.

I have the same problem for WL in June. Just too busy this year.

The dates you want for WL are during th Florida Half Ironman at FW.

Last year, WL was PACKED that weekend with athletes.

This may be why there is no standard room available at the AP rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter