Frustrated with AP

BridgetR3

Dreaming of Home
Last year, my family traveled at different times and DH got his AP later than the rest of us. His AP expires in the middle of our next trip. Our FP day was this morning and

1. it would not let me renew his AP
2. it has not added days to his AP for the parks being closed right now.
3. I could not make any fastpasses for him after the day it expired.

Now I get to call Disney and sit on hold for forever! Any other suggestions?

On the phone with them now (surprised at how short the wait really was) but the answer was originally no, nothing can be done.

Frustrating for sure.
How were you planning to cover hubby’s park days before the AP extension for park closure days was announced? AP renewal?

Have you considered buying a multi-day ticket so you can make fast passes now? Then go to guest services when you arrive and see about applying the value of the ticket to AP renewal or reassigning it to someone else for a trip at a later date. More money out of pocket unfortunately. And it’s iffy whether parks will be reopened in 60 days ...

My AP expires half way through our trip. I bought a 5 day ticket with thoughts of maybe using its value towards AP renewal but at least being able to make FP at 60 days. When my FP day arrived I could not make FP beyond 7 days. The system is not recognizing my 5 day ticket. This happened before the shutdown and Disney IT and Passholder support were no help. I have a reservation at a Disney springs resort.

My AP expires half way through our trip. I bought a 5 day ticket with thoughts of maybe using its value towards AP renewal but at least being able to make FP at 60 days. When my FP day arrived I could not make FP beyond 7 days. The system is not recognizing my 5 day ticket. This happened before the shutdown and Disney IT and Passholder support were no help. I have a reservation at a Disney springs resort.
It is frustrating for Passholders, but if you have an AP and you have a day of FP that is not associated with an onsite stay (e.g., FPs made with a Disney Springs hotel), the system will limit you to the 7 days allowed. It won't add 7+5.

How many in your party total? If 4 or more, just make for the rest of you now. While not 100%, I would bet that 1 of 2 things will happen - once he has his ticket guest services will be able to add him to your fast passes or show up at the ride with the rest of our fastpasses. Since magic bands started, I have never been turned away from a ride where we had a single member of the party without a FP due to one glitch or another. They have always just waived the last person through.

When my season pass expired mid trip last year and I could not renew yet cause it was fast pass time 60 days out I called and they gave me placeholder key cards which allowed me to do fast passes for the days my ticket was expired and after I renewed the keycards went away and I had my fast passes.
You want to ask for placeholder key cards. I have them on my account right now to cover my fast passes for my June trip cause my pass will be expired and I didn’t want to take a chance system isn’t updated yet for the extension they are giving cause of closure.

If it’s not where you called, call the “VIPassholder” support number: (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277
One of the absolute best perks of having an AP. I use it for all Disney related questions, even if not really AP related. Almost always a very short wait and they can always get me to the correct department.

Thank you all! We received a placeholder key card that jimim mentioned! I was surprised at how little time it actually took! Hopefully all will be well and parks will be open by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter