Full return for Florida's cruise industry may not happen until 2022

Staff is never going to say bad things in a public facing way, especially when reliant on tips.

Anyone who has ever worked as a server anywhere will tell you that...

This was during lunch when we had a down time and we asked him about his family. I have a hard time believing he would have lied about his family situation to increase his tips. The fact he said he was doing well, could have the opposite impact with some people and tips.

I'm not certain they will be allowed to procure or vaccinate in the US for some time, as I believe the Defense Production Act limits private party access to vaccine market.

We are going to reach a point where we have more vaccine than we can use before many people expect. For good or bad (don't want to get in that debate), there is a huge portion of Americans not willing to get vaccinated. I personally will, but know so many who won't. If J&J comes online, I bet we don't even make it to early summer before they are begging people to get vaccinated in many states.

Also - who knows - maybe they will to what Turkey did and start getting vaccine from Russia (which surprisingly has been shown to be effective by a recent British study), or China, or some other readily available source. With billions in revenue at stake, they will find a way to do it.

We are going to reach a point where we have more vaccine than we can use before many people expect. For good or bad (don't want to get in that debate), there is a huge portion of Americans not willing to get vaccinated. I personally will, but know so many who won't. If J&J comes online, I bet we don't even make it to early summer before they are begging people to get vaccinated in many states.

Also - who knows - maybe they will to what Turkey did and start getting vaccine from Russia (which surprisingly has been shown to be effective by a recent British study), or China, or some other readily available source. With billions in revenue at stake, they will find a way to do it.
Question becomes... will the CDC be okay with those vaccines (China, Russia) for staff as a mitigation measure from US ports? What about Canada?

Staff is never going to say bad things in a public facing way, especially when reliant on tips.

Anyone who has ever worked as a server anywhere will tell you that...

I have had some very open servers... some were downright miserable and not planning to renew their contracts. Not saying they always are what they seem, but as you said if you have been a server you can usually spot a fake smile too.

I am not sure what you mean with your reply. Our server seemed very happy to be able to provide the life he could for his family and what his ultimate goal in life was. He seemed content and excited about his future prospects. Is it the type of life I live here in the states, probably not. So I was very happy for him, to be honest he seemed happier with his situation in life than I am about mine:). I think it is all about perspectives. People living in different countries have different perspectives and outlooks on life. I don't think that anyone's perspective is better than the other.

Having first hand experience having lived many years in a developing country (and having a relative from that country working on a ship), I completely agree with you. Many crew members are able to retire decades before I would be able to and live very well - and happily. And you are also correct about perspective.

From what I have read Sputnik is not bad. and I have no issue with a Chinese or Russian vaccine. They also have VERY smart people and unlike many western countries unlimited resources when it come to research and development if it benefits their people. I have yet hear of any ramblings on one vaccine being accepted and other not later.. I think every country will use vaccine that is effective,, not to is counterproductive and had no benefit.

I have a feeling starting late spring we will have tons more supply and more choices.. In germany Biontec just started a new production site from I believe an old Novartis plant. takes 6 weeks for the first Charge to come out. Right now things are tight... I am postive and pray late spring we get boom. I know in the EU they are scrambling adding in more production/fulfillment sites.

A buddy of mine (middle age) walked into a grocery store the other night about 30min before closing that was providing vaccine shots at the instore pharmacy. He jokingly asked if he could get a shot and they said "yes" because they had unused dosages remaining that would go to waste due to some appt cancellations. Also with getting the first shot they scheduled him for a follow-up three weeks later. So it may be possible to get the shot earlier than planned.

A buddy of mine (middle age) walked into a grocery store the other night about 30min before closing that was providing vaccine shots at the instore pharmacy. He jokingly asked if he could get a shot and they said "yes" because they had unused dosages remaining that would go to waste due to some appt cancellations. Also with getting the first shot they scheduled him for a follow-up three weeks later. So it may be possible to get the shot earlier than planned.

very cool... too bad Oregon is still only doing these at popup clinics and hospitals. :headache:

Essential worker. 63, 64 in June. Minor qualifying health issues. I can be surprised by an early vaccine as I deal with this daily, but I am prepared not to be surprised. The people in charge are the ones sounding the alarm

if you have a qualifying health issue, you can get appointments starting March 15 in CA.

Per CDC guidance my work will only allow for 90 day period after full vaccination to avoid quarantining if exposed. Does that mean folks will need vaccinated every 90 days? Curious when or how they will decide to change this guidance.

We have a rccl cruise booked for New Years 21-22...I’m not at all confident it will be sailing.

Per CDC guidance my work will only allow for 90 day period after full vaccination to avoid quarantining if exposed. Does that mean folks will need vaccinated every 90 days? Curious when or how they will decide to change this guidance.

We have a rccl cruise booked for New Years 21-22...I’m not at all confident it will be sailing.
I have been wondering how this CDC guidance of only allowing a 90 day window without quarantining would effect travel.

if you have a qualifying health issue, you can get appointments starting March 15 in CA.
Appointments aren't the issue. Them having vaccine is the issue. San Francisco and Los Angeles closed clinics yesterday due to a lack of vaccine. https://www.ksby.com/news/coronavirus/with-supply-low-san-francisco-pauses-vaccines-at-major-site
Just like here teachers as of today are ELIGIBLE to get the vaccine, but there is no guarantee that there is actually vaccine available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter