Full Service Food & beverage role?

carleyvisaggio

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know if this roll is one of the harder/more competitive ones to get with the college program? Or have an idea of how many get accepted for each semester? I never hear much about people having this role. I just did my phone interview and had quite a few questions regarding the roll. I have experience being a hostess and hope I get it!

There aren't as many of them as let's say attractions, custodial, quick-service, and merchandise.... but.... there are a lot of table service restaurants in the parks and most resorts.

It would be about right in the middle. Isn't a position that has a ton of openings, but it has a lot more than other positions that only have a few possible locations (vacation planner and bibbity boppity boutique come to mind).

I was interested in this as well, it seems hard to find anything online about this.

I just finished my program this past spring as full service food and beverage at The Grand Floridian's 1900 Park Fare. While I was going through traditions and check in the PI that were working them kept commenting on how it's rare for CP to get full service food and beverage (no one said why). My work experience has been all restaurants. I have also been a manager at my job for three years. I have a friend who is there now and also got full service. She has very little food background for work experience. She works at Tusker House. The role is hard for picking up extra hours and shifts in my personal experience. I would go in at 7-1 or 2 and the other shift was 3/3:30 to 10-10:30. It was a lot of bringing people to their tables, checking in people with reservations, and if you were photo pass (some restaurants have photo pass pictures that are taken before the guests meal, the photo pass go around to tables while the guests are eating and try and sell them. If you are photo pass shift you are their cashier.) this shift sucked because not only are you their cashier, but you were also stuffing silverware for 6 hours straight. Standing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter