Fulton's for Foodtopia

SB in KY

DIS Veteran
Thought we would try Fulton's last night for the Foodtopia menu. Had not eaten here in many years. Arrived 20 minutes early for a 6pm reservation and were seated upstairs by the window within 10 minutes. Lovely view of Saratoga Springs and DTD. The Foodtopia plan is prepaid and offers 3 choices for appetizers, entre and dessert.

We probably sat there 15 minutes before a server appeared and when he did I have to say he was about the wierdest server we have had in a LONG time. He saw the commented on the Foodtopia menus that the seaating hostess had left on the table and then proceeded to go over the entire menu, kind of like a prerecorded message! Eventually the orientation was over and we ordered.

DH had the shrimp cocktail and I had the crab cake. The shrimp was 5 large fresh and tasty shrimp. DH said they were excellent. The crab cake was good but not great. It was almost as much bread as crab and although tasty it was not really hot when it arrived. It was served on a fried green tomatoe that was completely devoid of flavor. All in all just OK.

The strange server would periodically reappear and say things like "I just got this loaf of bread out of the oven for you, so be careful it is really hot" (bread was not even warm) and "I was just talking to the chef and he wanted you to try this new crab dip he is trying out" (it was the same dip they have served with crackers for the last 10+ years).

We both ordered the stuffed lobster for our main course. It looked pretty but unfortunately my poor lobster had apparently died of starvation....the tail had 2 very small pieces of meat and the claws had even less. DH fared slightly better. Although not exactly meaty he certainly had more than I did. The stuffing had tiny bay shrimp and scallops a few mushroom pieces and a little spinach, but mostly it was a rather bland white sauce (the general effect was kind of like filling for a pot pie). There were a couple of boiled red potatoes on the plate as well.

DH had the key lime pir for dessert and I had the cookie sundae (which the server descibed as a fresh baked warm chocolate chip cookie with vanilla gelato and house made fudge sauce).... key lime pie was so-so per DH. The cookie sundae was a large premade chocolate chip cookie (think Chips Ahoy)....hard and not even warmed up with Edy's vanilla and some Hershey syrup.

Considering the fact that this was a prepaid deal at $60 per person ($75pp with tax and tip that were added to the prepaid cost) I was totally underwhelmed. Guess that explains why we had not been there for a long time. This was the most expensive meal we had this trip and honestly I think we enjoyed carry out chicken from Trail's End more.

Won't be going back to FUlton's anytime soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter