Fun place to eat....

bigsky

<font color=teal>4 by land, and<br><font color=dar
We want to eat one sit down dinner. Would like a fun place. Any suggestions?? I've heard Sci-Fi is good.

Thanks!
Laura

By the way..our kids are 13 and 15. So something they would also enjoy and not spend a fortune. (if that's possible)

We are going to try Sci Fi this year and we have heard good things about it. We did Prime Time 50's cafe last year and really enjoyed it. If your kids like to goof around with the servers they might enjoy it. we went for lunch and the cost wasn't too bad and the food was great and plentiful. You have to try the smores.

Well, 50's Prime Time Cafe at MGM and Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL are both a lot of fun and very interactive with the diners. However your kids are at a tough age and only you would know if they would find a lot of kidding around and picking on the diners (in a nice way) --fun. When my kids were young teens, my DS did not care for these restaurants at all, my DD was better but they still were not her favorites. Now that they are adults my DS still does not care for the atmosphere in these restaurants but DD now enjoys both 50's PT and WCC.
When my kids were teens their very favorite WDW restaurants for atmosphere was House of Blues and Planet Hollywood. For park atmosphere & dining they liked Cal Grill for MK fireworks viewing and Rose & Crown for Illuminations viewing.

I think 50's prime time might fit the bill. Prices are reasonable, servers interact with the guests. The decor is kinda funky. MGM is a pretty hip teen type of park. Check out the menus on this site, for the lowdown on the meals.

I don't know if they are big eaters or not, but you should consider 'Ohana at the Polynesian. Great atmosphere, great food (extremely plentiful), and if you time your PS right a fabulous very of MK fireworks. It is a family favorite for us!

I second Ohana's; we went there for the first time last month it was great!! My suggestion would be to get there just before the fireworks begin at MK- it's a fabulous view, and delicious food, and great entertainment. I think it was an excellent value for the price too!!

Hey Alyssa810 it must be a South-of-Boston thing! I am just up the road a piece in Norwood. Great minds think alike! Glad you had a good 'Ohana experience. When we go back to the world this Dec., we will be going to 'Ohana to celebrate my niece's B-day, a group of 11 of us. She could choose anywhere she wanted and she chose to go back to 'Ohana!

Teppanyaki in Japan at Epcot is really good! It's popularly priced and it's cool to watch the chefs cook right infront of you! It's a very unique dining experience!

California Grille is great to go because of the view! The food is also delicious!!

I would definitely pick the 50's Prime Time over the Sci-Fi. IMO - the food and atmosphere are better and the server interation really makes it fun. If you check out the www.wdwig.com site and look at the menu it gives some great suggestions to help you start the interaction with "Mom" (your waitress). First time we went she made DH go to the bathroom to wash his hands before she'd let him eat, it was really funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter