Fun things to do in August - Non-parks

armygirl2001

Earning My Ears
DH and I are going to be in the Orlando area in August to visit my parents. It's going to be way too hot and crowded for us to go to the parks (we'll save those for our October trip) but we still want to do some Disney stuff while we're there. I thought maybe we could visit some places we hadn't been before like Animal Kingdom Lodge and the Boardwalk.

Any other ideas for fun/interesting Disney stuff that two late-20 somethings can do in August? :confused2

Downtown Disney is always fun and free to get it in. Has a lot of great shops in a relaxing atmosphere. You can go see a movie there, as well. You may also enjoy Pleasure Island at night, though there is a fee for that.

There is also miniature golf courses, parasailing, water sprite boats, horseback riding and campfire and movies at Ft. Wilderness. A couple of dinner shows (Hoop De Doo Revue and Polynesian Luau). Port Orleans Riverside has a nice boat ride from their dock to DTD and back. They also have horse drawn carriage rides. The Contemporary has a large arcade.

DTD and Celebration are good places to go in Orlando. You could also go to the new Mall at Millenia near USO.

Tink

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm sure we'll hit DTD at some point but maybe the DisneyQuest and movie theater side of it rather than shopping (except for the Lego store, DH is fascinated by it). We did Pleasure Island once but actually had more fun at the blues place (name is escaping me at the moment, need more coffee). So maybe we'll go there too if they have some good bands playing.

Sounds like there is a lot to do at Ft Wilderness. We ate at Artist Point our last night there last time we visited but didn't get to really look around the lodge so maybe we should go back and do that. Miniature golf is always fun. Is it in a shady area or out in the blazing hot sun?? I'm too chicken to parasail but the sprite boats are fun (did that as a kid). Definitely won't be doing the horseback riding though (we can do that at home for free). I don't think I can get DH to do the dinner show things either (I went to both as a kid). The boat ride from DTD to PO sounds like it might be a good idea though. We've never been to that resort and it would be nice to check it out. I also think the carriage ride would be nice. Does it go through the French Quarter area too?

I love to resort hop and just take it all in...maybe a monorail tour. If hidden mickey's are up your alley (and they are not all so easy) stop be WL or AKL and ask at the front desk for a hidden mickey hunt sheet.

Enjoy
Sandy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter