Fundraising crop ideas?

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I want to do a crop as a fundraiser for Cub Scouts. I can us our church's hall free of charge. There are 15 8' tables and some more in the closet that I could throw into the mix. I have never run a crop like this before, so I'm hoping you ladies have some ideas. I could do 4' of crop space or 8. I'm planning to serve lunch and maybe some light snacks (or have people bring snacks?). Thinking $25 a person? I can't do raffles or have vendors, so that's why I'm calling it "no frills" Was thinking of running it from 10a-6p on a Saturday. Suggestions? Thoughts? Also, I had some friends ask me if kids could come and crop, too (my local scrapping friends that I mentioned this idea to). Good idea or bad? I can kind of see it both ways. And yes, the kids would have to pay.

I'd love to hear some thoughts/suggestions/watchouts for this type of event! Thanks!

$25 is pretty good. I would do 4 foot space and put the tables in pods of 4 tables. That gives you a place for 8 people in each pod, fun for those scrapping with friends but doesn't leave those traveling alone out of the loop. I would also give the option of an 8 foot space but they would have to pay more, that's what we had to do at the Disneyworld scrapbook events. I'd also get a roll of narrow masking or washi tape (to be decorative) and divide the tables if you do 4 foot spaces.
If they are round tables, then divide them in 1/2.
When my CMC had crops she brought snacks like M&M's, chips, drinks, etc. And she would get pizza.

Kids are tough. Since it is for cub scouts I would say kids are invited but maybe put an age limit on it. Like 10 or 12. you don't want toddlers running around. And if you make them pay for the space, they (I hope) would be more likely to work.

Also specify that all drinks need to be in closed containers. I saw a lady knock over a water bottle with her bag as she was trying to get through to her scrap space. Thankfully the cap was on!!

I would also try to set up a few tables for lunch. I never brought food to my table where I was working.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter