Funny Memes

I love how there's a smaller TV on top of the console TV!
I had a cousin who did that. The old console tv was huge and heavy, and they had very steep stairs with no railing leading from the front door to the street. It wasn’t worth risking injury to remove it when they would need a stand for a new tv anyway. So they just threw a nice tablecloth over it to hide the screen and placed another tv on top. The second tv was larger than the one in the photo though.

I had a cousin who did that. The old console tv was huge and heavy, and they had very steep stairs with no railing leading from the front door to the street. It wasn’t worth risking injury to remove it when they would need a stand for a new tv anyway. So they just threw a nice tablecloth over it to hide the screen and placed another tv on top. The second tv was larger than the one in the photo though.

What I love about those old console TV's was that nobody could steal them. Wanna break in and steal the TV? Bring a forklift! 🤣

I actually have this older TV that was my main one for a long time - it is a widescreen, HD, CRT, and it is heavy! It'd take about 3 guys to move it. I always liked the picture it had, even at a 34 inch screen. I still keep it hooked up as a side TV to play older video games consoles on as htey look better on CRT.

I love how there's a smaller TV on top of the console TV!
You might be surprised at how common that was. Many people had console TV's, some the still worked but were black and white and everyone else had color TV's. They were expensive when they first came out so you bought a smaller color set and just put it on top of the console. It is also possible that the old ones just didn't work anymore.

My parents had a massive console. It had a built in AM/FM radio (also a new thing at the time) and a turntable record player and Black and White TV, however, it was a beautiful piece of furniture. My mother couldn't let it go. I think it was the nicest piece of furniture they ever owned and she didn't want to just throw it away. It eventually ended up out in the porch and just held a lot of minor decorative things. For years it just sat there taking up room, but she wouldn't part with it. After she passed, we reluctantly took it to the old appliance grave yard still working and still in pristine condition.

You might be surprised at how common that was. Many people had console TV's, some the still worked but were black and white and everyone else had color TV's. They were expensive when they first came out so you bought a smaller color set and just put it on top of the console. It is also possible that the old ones just didn't work anymore.

My parents had a massive console. It had a built in AM/FM radio (also a new thing at the time) and a turntable record player and Black and White TV, however, it was a beautiful piece of furniture. My mother couldn't let it go. I think it was the nicest piece of furniture they ever owned and she didn't want to just throw it away. It eventually ended up out in the porch and just held a lot of minor decorative things. For years it just sat there taking up room, but she wouldn't part with it. After she passed, we reluctantly took it to the old appliance grave yard still working and still in pristine condition.

Oh, no - I definitely saw it many times. Just a funny artifact of the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter