Future Booking Onboard

VbChristy

DIS Veteran
I am curious- if I pick a cruise I want to take in 2016 and book it now, picking my cabin, etc. Am I allowed to cancel that booking onboard and rebook it under their future cruise booking promotions? How does this change if we book with an agent? Does it have to be canceled only by the agent? Should I book direct, and then can I do the Future Cruise Booking onboard and then transfer it to an agent when I get home? Would I still get their promotions? What are the promotions right now for booking a future cruise while onboard?

You don't have to do a full cruise booking onboard. You can just pay a deposit (I forget what it is, maybe $100), and you get all the benefits of doing a full booking onboard. You can identify a travel agent if you use one. This is nice, because you can then wait to book when there is a good sale. At this point, the onboard cruise bookings do not expire. (DCL does). You can change the travel agent later if you need to. We had to do this once... I think we called RCI to change the travel agent identified on the next cruise booking, and then called the new travel agent to book the cruise.

What you may be able to do in your case is do an onboard cruise booking deposit on your next cruise. When you return home you can call your travel agent to cancel and rebook the next one? You could possibly lose your cabin by doing this, and you'd be booking under current prices and sales promotions (which may or may not be as good as when you originally booked)

ETA - this is assuming you have a cruise booked before your 2016 cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter