• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gail's One Day at a Time Journal

DisneyEnthusiastic

I love Disney World!!
Hello, my name is Gail, and I have some major baggage to lose!! :confused3

To summarize...I've been on a roller coaster for the last couple of years and it's time to get off! I was a very faithful WISH member until a year and a half ago and have spiraled downward since then. Lost just over a hundred lbs from June 01 to May 02, (from 275 to 169) then allowed it to creep back using every excuse from deaths in the family, moving, Bell's palsy, starting a job, to whatever excuse I could make up! Last I checked I'm back at 247!!! :sad2:

Now is the time to gain control of myself and get back on track! Thanks to all my former WISH buddies for all of your support and looking forward to the support of new buddies. This is the BEST place for support.

I'm taking this one day at a time...no huge goals at first.

Tell me about excuses! That is the biggest thing I need to change as well. You know that you have the capacity to lose it. Wow that was a great loss before. But ouch!

Well, coming here you are on the right track to a good start. No excuses anymore. Think of excuses to become healthy. Always easier said than done but YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! Good Luck and "Don't stop thinking about tomorrow"!!

Hi Gail, :wave:

Welcome Back to WISH! :cool1: We are so glad to see you again! :grouphug:

I like the title of your new journal.... I think it's a good reminder that this is a journey that we are all on and that we need to take things one day at a time. :goodvibes You have done this before and you will do this again! I just know that you can meet all of your goals! :cheer2:

Hope you have a good Monday,
Tracy

How are you doing Gail. I hope your feeling positive and forging ahead. Just a little nudge of support. You can do it ! pixiedust:

Thanks for the support Operamom and Tracy! I'm finding my biggest problems are at work. I think we go to lunch every day! This week I am making sure to bring my lunch and not letting anyone talk me out of it. And of course exercise. I used to love that exercise, but now that I work (stayed at home up until a year ago) I just am exhausted. I'm trying to make better food choices. Dinner and snacks have not been the problem. Every morning I start w/ oatmeal and that holds me over until lunch...then I cave and go out to eat.

I cleaned all day yesterday and couldn't believe how sore I was after. I don't like these aches and pains.

I love the support I get here, I feel so bad because I have a hard time getting on to update....let alone get to read everyone's journals. And that's where I always loved getting motivated.

Here's to another week...hoping to avoid the lunch peer pressure and get in some walking or something.

Welcome back to WISH! :cheer2: Sounds like you have a wonderful breakfast and have a good plan for bringing your own lunch too. It might help to have a mid morning snack though, even though the oatmeal holds you until lunch time. That way you are not so hungry at lunch and can make healthier choices.

Have a great week!

Just checking in to see how you are doing. Can't say I have been any type of role model. Went to Orlando last week. Luckily I didn't gain.

Hope you are still on a good path. I love going out to lunch. It's not only the food, but its the social aspect that's sometimes more appealing. I'm a stay at home mom but I seek out social venues for myself. Just be alot more careful of your food choices. Don't deprive yourself of being with people you enjoy, but only you can help yourself stay clear of fatty foods.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Sabine :sunny:

If you need additional support, come and join us at the "40 By 40" thread.

Gail!!! Welcome Back!!!

Sounds like you've gone through some difficult things the past year, but you're back and that's what's important. I think we've all fallen off the wagon some, but we're all still plugging away at it.

Hang in there girl... we're all here for you :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter