Garden Rocks Concert seating

Discussion in 'Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies' started by DisneyZB, Mar 11, 2018.

1. DisneyZB

DisneyZB When I win the lottery, I'm moving to Disney.

What is the seating like for a Gardens Rock concert if you don't get the Dining Package? I know it depends on the artist but wondering how early I should I arrive for a show. Want to see Don Felder in May. All info appreciated.

UrsulaTime likes this.
  2. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam Disney obsessed DVC Member/AP holder

We did 3 of them in September for F&W. Go to the first show. You can get there as early as you want. We got there an hour early and grabbed food and ate dinner while we waited. If you go to the secon or third show, you have to stand in line until they let you in. There was a huge difference depending on how popular the band was. I had no issue with David Cook. I probably could have waited until a half hour before. DH wanted to see sugar ray and air supply and an hour before was barely enough to get a good seat. Now with AP seating and dining for garden rocks, it may be slightly harder if they rope off 2 sections. But I’d say an hour before is way safe. Like I said, they let you bring in food so grab dinner and eat while waiting.

UrsulaTime likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wdw4rfam

wdw4rfam Disney obsessed DVC Member/AP holder

The dining package was the second section back right in the center- maybe 2 or 3 rows.

5. 4HOLIDAYS

4HOLIDAYS DIS Veteran

How do you get the ap wristbands? I remember getting them for a show a couple yrs ago but cant remember where or when.

6. UrsulaTime

UrsulaTime Mouseketeer

So glad to see this post! My sister and I are thinking about going to see Jo Dee Messina on 4/20 or 4/21. We LOVE a couple of her songs and it's a total coincidence she'll be in the World when we are! Our cousin (8 years old) will be with us. I can't tell you how many hours I've gone back and forth about attending the concert, and it's TOTALLY tripping me up now that I need to finalize our schedule. Anyway, my question is: Any shade at the venue?

Tigerlulu likes this.
  7. Tigerlulu

Tigerlulu DIS Veteran

Jo Dee for us too! Love her! I booked a dining pkg for the seating. Hope it’s worth it!

UrsulaTime likes this.
  8. OhThePain

OhThePain DIS Veteran

Some artists pack the theater, others not so much. There have been times where we have decided to sit on the wall around the fountain or one of the trees in front of the American Adventure instead of in the theater. The sound is fine and there is less guilt if we feel like getting up and leaving mid-show. There is also more shade around the trees than in the theater. The only real negative is that you can't lean back like you can in the theater.

9. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

You can see well everywhere in theater even in a far back corner but you don't even have to sit in the theater to watch the show. We typically stand outside the theater to watch or sit on the America's Pavilion fountain area. We have been there for many, many performances and never felt that actually sitting in the theater was necessary.

10. UrsulaTime

UrsulaTime Mouseketeer

Such good information - I'm relieved to know this is an option! We're not sure how our cousin will be holding up at concert time since we'll have been at Epcot for five hours in midday heat at that point.

Never would have guessed this! We might try this. Can you still "kind of" see the stage from outside the theater?

11. disfanforlife

disfanforlife DIS Veteran

We got the wristbands at the same place they are giving out the AP magnets. Between Club Cool and Starbucks. We were there last week for Night Ranger and didn't even need them. Plenty of seating both nights we saw them. Good show too!

4HOLIDAYS and dbenlee like this.
  12. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Thanks for the info.

13. disfanforlife

Have fun when you go! The topiiaries are beautiful - I didn’t want to leave.

14. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

Late April into May is when we’re going.:flower1:

15. disfanforlife

Fantastic!! We were there for the first week the last two years. Plan to make it an annual trip for us.

16. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

If you stand outside of the theater you can see perfectly. The crowds are much more tame for the performances at Epcot compared to normal concerts so people typically remain seated during the show (sometimes the performer will encourage the crowd to stand for the most well known songs but you can still see the stage). If you sit around the fountain in the America Pavilion you can hear perfectly but not necessarily see the stage. The concerts are fairly "basic" compared to a normal concert so there isn't much to see anyway besides the performer walking around the stage.