• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gators at Ft Wilderness?

daughtersrus

DIS Veteran
This is a dumb question but, are there gators on the loose in the camp ground? We've stayed in one of the cabins there and didn't notice any but this time we'll be in our travel trailer. Thanks!

We saw a gator once - but it was way down the beach (to the right of the marina) and it was late at night during the fireworks. You don't have to worry about them coming up into the campsites.

CM's also have to chase them out of River Country every morning before they open too! :D

I took a (surprisingly) lovely photo of the sunset by the beach. Got it enlarged poster-sized when we got home, and you can see a small gator swimming close to shore. We have tried and tried to see one--they must be shy!!

81 days

You will not see gators roaming the campground, nor do they chase them out of RC every morning. Sometimes they find one in the lake but Pest control is quickly summoned and the gator is relocated to an area where there are less guest. WDW does not want that nice lawsuit. If you want to see them you might want to take a ride out to Disney's Wilderness Preserve. I have seen them out there.

Grumpy - we were at RC early once morning when we were taking a walk and we saw them getting one out of there. We asked the CM if this was common, and they said yes, that they had to look & make sure there weren't any in there every morning before they opened up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter