Gatwick parking & accommodation

Timmie Boy

Earning My Ears
Anyone recommend a good hotel/B&B overnight stay which includes 2 week parking in the price. 2 adults 1 child, end of July departure.

Many thanks

Hi!

We stayed at the Gatwick Hilton and paid £125 for the family room for the night (but we didn't need parking), it was walking distance to the airport and really convenient. :)

I booked that through www.holidayextras.co.uk - they've got lots of different hotels on their site and seem to have some good deals.

HTH

Astrid

Avoid the Gatwick Europa like the plague.

Stayed one night last Easter, family of 4,+ airport shuttle. Despite paying in advance they claimed to be overbooked when we arrived, kept us standing in the foyer for an hour and a half, tried to persuade us to go to their sister hotel in Brighton (for an 8am check-in!!) and finally found us a smelly smoking room at 1 in the morning.
Next day the courtesy shuttle did not materialise due to staff shortage and we had to find our own way to the airport at the last minute. No apology, nothing.
Fortunately ABC Holiday Extras who we'd booked with took up our complaint and refunded half our money, but the hassle spoiled the beginning of our holiday and we lost our prebooked seats as we checked in so late.
9 hours in the air with us and the kids in 4 different parts of the aircraft was not fun, especially as one gets air-sick.
We were possibly just unlucky but I would only stay at an airport hotel in future where I could walk to the terminal.
Bridda

We've used the Gatwick Hilton. It's certainly not the cheapest, but the two minute walk via the covered walkway to the South Terminal makes it worth it IMHO.

I quite agree, the Hilton is expensive but I felt it was worth every penny. The family room we had was HUGE - but you may get away with a cheaper regular room for just the three of you. The food was expensive too but as you're only 2 minutes walk away from the airport you can always eat there.

The best part was when we got home absolutely shattered from 2 weeks in WDW and very little sleep on the plane our car was at the hotlel with no waiting for a bus for the long term parking.

We booked through Virgin but I have since found out that they don't give the best deal.

We're staying there again this year (and we only live 40 minutes from Gatwick - but it takes away the stress of a morning trip round the M25)

We stayed at "Lowfield Farm" 5 minutes taxi journey from gatwick, family room
with ensuite, sleeps 2 adults 2 children, plus 2 weeks parking cost us £70, it also includes
breakfast, if you have an early flight they provide cereals.
Excellent place, we are booking again for our holiday next may.
If you require anymore details please email me.
|Jules

Thanks guys for all your tips.

A mate at work has an Aunt who is just 10 mins from Gatwick. Does B&B, 2 weeks parking for £70. A good pub just up the road for evening meal too.
The Hilton sounds luxurious and a great way to start your holiday, just a bit more expensive. Will have to think about it again!

hello

we have booked a hotel near gatwick that includes 14 days parking through holiday extras - a point worth noting is that they price match ( which saved us a little bit extra)

we are staying in the Gatwick Worth hotel so if anyone else has stayed there please let me know what you thought ( both good and bad )

thanks

neil

Bridda

We stayed at the Europa Hotel last year when we flew off to Greece and I can honestly say it was great and would definitely stay there again. It surely must have been a one off just bad luck maybe??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter