GC Intimate trip to Sting Ray City and Starfish Beach w/lunch??

We did Sting Ray bay/city several years ago but not through Disney. I booked it privately for WAY less money but it didn't include lunch. We went back to the ship for that after the excursion. I live on the gulf coast of FL so beach wasn't anything we cared to do but the experience in Sting Ray City/Bay was awesome.
It was several years ago but we booked via Sotos Cruises. I would go with them again. Small group, great price and super nice people.

I booked this for my fiance and I on our June cruise. I also would like to know if anyone has done this excursion and if it's worth the price.

Over the years we have done this both through DCL and through Capt Marvins. Stingray city is a must do for me. They are such gentle creatures and to feel them swimming around and through your legs is an experience I love.

Did you enjoy it?
I would not recommend this. Overall, Stingray City as a whole is fun, but I wouldn't do this particular excursion again. It was pretty costly and we didn't feel like it was worth the money. They put you on a really small boat, which is what makes it "intimate," but that's about it. I've done Stingray City before and knew it was pretty touristy, but even the Starfish Beach was pretty crowded. They didn't provide snorkels & masks at Stingray City which I would have liked (and other tour groups had). They did provide lunch, which was tasty, but a pretty small portion. The boat ride between the locations was long, so that's something to know going in. We ended up only spending about 45 minutes at each location even though the excursion as a whole is over 4 hours.

Stingray City was worth it. Starfish Beach not so much. Just do a cheaper excursion with Disney, or a third party. This was not a good value for the money, unfortunately. We didn't have a bad time, it just wasn't worth the high price.

I would not recommend this. Overall, Stingray City as a whole is fun, but I wouldn't do this particular excursion again. It was pretty costly and we didn't feel like it was worth the money. They put you on a really small boat, which is what makes it "intimate," but that's about it. I've done Stingray City before and knew it was pretty touristy, but even the Starfish Beach was pretty crowded. They didn't provide snorkels & masks at Stingray City which I would have liked (and other tour groups had). They did provide lunch, which was tasty, but a pretty small portion. The boat ride between the locations was long, so that's something to know going in. We ended up only spending about 45 minutes at each location even though the excursion as a whole is over 4 hours.

Stingray City was worth it. Starfish Beach not so much. Just do a cheaper excursion with Disney, or a third party. This was not a good value for the money, unfortunately. We didn't have a bad time, it just wasn't worth the high price.
Hello Jennanbrooks. Who did you book your excursion through?

GC Intimate trip to Sting Ray City and Starfish Beach with lunch-anyone done this
Did you end up doing this? I was looking at it as well but reading the review about sounds like another adventure to Stingray City may be better? Any help appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter