Geeks go for broke! Updated 2/17: Wrap-up

Just goes to show - you can't put a timeline on perfection ;)
:thumbsup2

Erica - so glad to hear that you were just crazy busy and nothing else. That's what happens when you're a social butterfly!!!

I saw Blue Man Group in Vegas and loved them!!!! Hope you had a good time.

Hope your "project" works out!

I'll wait patiently now that I know everything is okay.

I do plan on putting in another installment ASAP. I didn't forget about everyone. It just seems that every time I make a promise to have my report done by a certain date, something huge comes up! That's fate for you, I guess. Just goes to show - you can't put a timeline on perfection ;)

Hey Erica????

Didn't we have a bet going between us as to who would finish our TR's first???? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm bettin EVERYTHING on One Legged Bendy!!!

I just finished reading the entire thread and am looking forward to the next installment!

After a brief hiatus, here it is: Mexico, part two!

You know, I am not really much of a beach person. I even grew up on the beach. My mom lived right across the street from a nice, secluded part of Cocoa Beach for about ten years, and I was there ALL THE TIME. Well, at her house anyway. I rarely stepped foot on the sand. You know. It was dirty down there. Sand would get on my books and in my Sony Walkman. Plus……everyone knows geeks don’t tan.

Fast forward to my 30’s, when suddenly I became attracted not to the beach, but to the lovely blue-green Caribbean water that lay BEYOND the beach. Crisp, cool…..and clear enough that you could see all the creatures on the bottom before you happened to step on, oh, a stingray or something. Which actually happened to me once at Cocoa Beach. Which might explain my aversion for the place……

At any rate, when you see a picture of paradise? It usually involves said crystal clear waters and a hammock. And this place did not disappoint.

Yes, yes, I think this will do.
000eqck7

When we last left our geek, she was trying to shake off the grumpiness that the rain had started. Lionel kept asking if I was planning to snorkel or just swim, since there would not be time for both. I kept shrugging. I was worried I wouldn’t have fun without him. See, Lionel is not a huge fan of water that goes over his head, because he did not learn to swim until he was in the army. Because of this, he thought snorkeling out in 20 foot waters with a large group MAY not be the best idea. Not one to snorkel with strangers, I said I’d be fine relaxing in the water.

And then Mat saved the day by offering to snorkel with me. So I said yes. And do you know what? I would have kicked myself afterward for not going, because it was the most amazing snorkeling experience I have ever had.

The ever-talented Nico guided us along, showing us starfish and regular-shaped fish and lots of coral formations. It was incredible.

Look at what we saw:

Lionel and Sarah in the water as we head out.
000eraw8

Feesh!
000es6gy

More feesh!
000et7d9

Nico shows a fellow snorkeller a starfeesh. I mean starfish.
000ex00w

Mat, looking formidable in his snorkel gear.
000eyapb

Me, looking like a show-off in mine.
000ewf8t

Obligatory foot pic. It had to be done.
000ez12e

Post snorkel, we gathered our fellow companions and headed back to the bus, where Nico passed out beer to everyone who wanted one. I discovered something: beer tastes GREAT after snorkeling.

Nectar of the Gods!
000f0wpd

Back at the terminal, we did a little shopping and got hassled by some of the shopkeepers. I remembered that Nico said today was a slow day for cruise ships, so I wondered how full the terminal usually was. Today, it was pretty empty. Maybe people were out on excursions, or back on the boat already, or over at Carlos and Charlie’s for happy hour but…..hardly anyone was shopping.

Final photo at the terminal.
000f1t2x

The Magic, looking stately at the dock.
000f2paq

Back on the boat, we went to see Disney Dreams (always good) and roamed up on the deck to watch Cozumel at night a bit before dinner. Mat and Sarah had their Palo reservations, so we went to Animator’s on our own.

This was our first time watching the new show, and we weren’t sure what to expect. AP looked pretty much like I recalled from our other trips, and the show was actually almost the same. It was kind of akin to the Pirates of the Caribbean revamp: just a bit of an update to make it less dated. Our servers told us that the carpet had been replaced, and some of the art was updated and repainted. There is more of a story now in the show, and Sorcerer Mickey makes an appearance. But otherwise? It was AP.

AP to me has always had the most mediocre food of all. Pretty show, ok food. I had another special dinner tonight: mahi mahi with mango sauce, roasted veggies and a baked potato. It was awesome. And? I had my first Mickey Ice Cream Bar for dinner. Sameer added a chocolate-sauce smiley face which was a nice touch.

Smile! I'm going to eat you.
000f586t

Back at the room, we had another secret mickey gift: movie snacks! My SM knew our favorites and brought them all: Swedish fish, twizzlers and GINGER CHEWS!
Classic. We ran up to drop our next SM’s gift, which was a magnetic frame that I embellished to match the main gift.

I had planned on going up to see Pirates II, but instead we relaxed in the room. I think we needed the recharge after such a physical day.

Tonight’s animal?
Brontosaurus.
My favorite yet.

Is a brontosaurus an animal? Who cares!
000f3aqh

Up next: another day at sea!

First, I just want to say, I am so glad you're back!!!:yay: That excursion looked like alot of fun, what a gorgous beach! Glad you had such a great snorkeling experience. Nice ship pic, too! But that Brontosaurus- wow, is he cool!! Hope I get one of him next time!:goodvibes

Yay, another update. Great pics, looks like a fun day! I was always freezing in AP...Love them Mickey bars

Welcome Back! That water looks so beautiful! Glad it turned out to be a great day - and ITA - Mexican beer does taste good after a snorkel.:thumbsup2

loving the obligitory feet pics (swear I dont have a fetish LOL) Looks like you all had a tame day in Mexico LOL

Back at the room, we had another secret mickey gift: movie snacks! My SM knew our favorites and brought them all: Swedish fish, twizzlers and GINGER CHEWS!

My absolute favorite is Swedish fish (has to be the red ones though) and twizzlers, too!!!

Love the newest installment - but I always love your TR's!

Great!
We were looking for great shore snorkeling in Coz, and sadly did not find it.
Why? We weren't where you were. Wow.

I noticed absolutely no difference in the show at AP. None. :confused3
I love it, still...but with the rumors of the refurb/rehab I guess I was expecting more. Sorcerer Mickey always shows on the Magic too, just not on the Wonder...

More, please:)

I am loving your report :thumbsup2 I have been reading slowly just a little a day trying not to make it to the end but alas here I am ;)

I have finally caught up! We are doing the 7 Day Western in May and I am loving the REAS updates! I also see several WB TRANS peeps here!:banana:

Keep it comin'!:goodvibes

I enjoyed your TR thanks for sharing. Great pics!
For our next cruise I will be looking for a few items, the most important 2 being the rum cake and ginger chews.
:flower3:

Okay Erica - holidays are over and it's a brand new year!!! Time for a new installment????? :thumbsup2

Hope you had a great holiday and wishing you a fabulous new year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter