Genie Plus - Experiences and Reviews

Question:
Let's say it's 11am and I book a popular LL attraction for 8:00pm.
Two hours later at 1pm can I book a new LL attraction for earlier in the day and keep the 8:00pm?

Question:
Let's say it's 11am and I book a popular LL attraction for 8:00pm.
Two hours later at 1pm can I book a new LL attraction for earlier in the day and keep the 8:00pm?
Yes. Once you are eligible to book a new LL, it is treated as completely independent of any you already hold.

Does being in the park for Early Entry give you a jump start on LL and/or ILL reservations over guests who do not have Early Entry?

Is it true that you cannot book lightning lanes until everyone in your party has tapped in for the day? We are having a party join us shortly after opening but I was seeing if I could book the lightning lanes for them

Is it true that you cannot book lightning lanes until everyone in your party has tapped in for the day? We are having a party join us shortly after opening but I was seeing if I could book the lightning lanes for them
You can book immediately for anyone scanned into the park. But at Disneyland you can’t book for anyone not scanned in. If your party is split up you can only book for those scanned in.

I have a friend going to DLR later this month who will be getting signed in by cast member. Does anyone know how Genie+/LL/ILL work for someone that was signed in? Is there a way add their entry to the app?

Do individual LL prices ever vary throughout the day? For instance, is a LL price ever cheaper for a morning return time than it is for an afternoon return? Or, is the price the same throughout the day?

Do individual LL prices ever vary throughout the day? For instance, is a LL price ever cheaper for a morning return time than it is for an afternoon return? Or, is the price the same throughout the day?
It’s the same throughout the entire day.

I do have an odd question, I know that you need to enter a park to use Genie+, and that Genie+ and ILL are different systems (you don’t need Genie+ to book ILL)….

But, does ILL have the same rules as Genie+ in that you need to enter a park to buy them? I’ve always assumed so, but I can’t find any actual rules that say so.

Last edited:
It’s the same throughout the entire day.

I do have an odd question, I know that you need to enter a park to use Genie+, and that Genie+ and ILL are different systems (you don’t need Genie+ to book ILL)….

But, does ILL have the same rules as Genie+ in that you need to enter a park to buy them? I’ve always assumed so, but I can’t find any actual rules that say so.
Yes, you need to have scanned into a park to purchase ILL (all members of your group need to be scanned in as well). You can verify this by using the DL app and selecting ILL for RotR or RSR, you will get a listing of tickets linked to the app and a message stating that “this guest must enter a park”

Can someone explain acceleration to me? I understand Genie+ and have used it many times at WDW, and I understand how to fish for MEP, but I'm still unclear what people mean when they say they are accelerating.

Can someone explain acceleration to me? I understand Genie+ and have used it many times at WDW, and I understand how to fish for MEP, but I'm still unclear what people mean when they say they are accelerating.
It means you can use your LL earlier than your return time, thus accelerating it. For example I got a MMRR MEP one morning. The rest of the day I selected whichever LL I wanted to ride next regardless of the time. So I picked Indiana Jones with an late afternoon return time. But I went and scanned in to IJ mid- morning. It took my LL, not my MEP, despite the return being too early. I was able to repeat this throughout the day. I don't remember what I ended up using the actual MEP on.

It means you can use your LL earlier than your return time, thus accelerating it. For example I got a MMRR MEP one morning. The rest of the day I selected whichever LL I wanted to ride next regardless of the time. So I picked Indiana Jones with an late afternoon return time. But I went and scanned in to IJ mid- morning. It took my LL, not my MEP, despite the return being too early. I was able to repeat this throughout the day. I don't remember what I ended up using the actual MEP on.
Wait, so you can just return to attractions before your return time by hours and ride it?

Yes. If you have an MEP. There are different tiers of MEP so I believe it will only work on rides that the MEP would qualify for.

Does anyone know the MEP Tiers? I've searched a bit on this thread and can't find it.

Gold Tier
------------
RotR
RSR

Silver Tier
-------------
MMRR
Indiana Jones
Space Mountain
Guardians
Toy Story
Webslingers
Matterhorn

etc.

They’ve made Haunted Maniaon Holiday what I’m calling Platinum Tier.

No MEPs from gold tier attractions will get you on HM. Only an MEP from HM can get you on it.

The CM that confirmed using an Indy MEP for HMH was a no go mentioned that it had to do with their construction walls. Even attempting to accelerate an HMH LL did not work with an Indy MEP.

Also, not sure if it has always been the case since they changed MEPs in August, but Pirates is listed as one of the rides that a Solver/Gold MEPs can be used for.

Where is Pirates "listed as one of the rides that Silver/Gold MEPs can be used for"? I'm looking for that list.

Thank you!

I’m totally bummed as I did not realize you had to enter the park before you could start collecting genie+ and LL passes. We going to Disneyland Feb 24-26 and are driving to California Adventure on Saturday morning, so won’t arrive at the park until noon. Is it still worth getting Genie+ or will all the main attractions be gone? Will I still be able to get an LL for Radiator Springs if I enter the park at 12pm?
Just to clarify for your trip this weekend ... There are no LL for RSR. Only ILL. So your question about Genie+ still being worth it should not consider RSR in your decision making. You may know that, but just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter