Germany 2011 with a 5.5YO?

tassma

Mouseketeer
We really want to do the Germany tour in the fall of 2011. My DD will be 5.5 and DS 8. DD is pretty mature (as far as I know) but I am concerned that the suggested age is 6. Has anyone taken their kids this young?

I might add - we are going to Germany then, it is just whether we do the tour or go on our own.

Thanks

I did this trip with my 78 year old Mom in the fall of 2008. We were a small group of 21 which included 5 young girls (2 of them were 5 years old). The parents carried them alot. It was lots of walking on cobblestone streets, up hills and lots of stairs with some late nights and so much historical information. Also you need to be on time for everything as to not delay the group which was stressed on our trip and we had a small group. I think because one of the families with a five year old was late the first couple of mornings and came carrying the sleeping child. Plus the other one got an upset stomach and the mom missed one evening's events. Jet lag is hard on everyone but those two little ones really felt it. Yes, it is fairytale themed but lots of churches and history involved (the majority of the trip). In my opinion a child of 8-12 would get the most out of this trip. I personally would not take a child that young and I traveled alot when my kids were at home but waited until they were 7-8 to start long trips. I guess it depends on your child's stamina and interest and yours.

Thank you for the insight. DD has a lot more energy than me, but not a lot more attention. Good thoughts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter