Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

For those using the Starbucks app, the "Starbucks closer to WOD" is officially Starbucks Downtown Disney. And the smaller location "closer to the DL hotel" is Starbucks Downtown Disney West II. Both locations are corporate owned, so they do allow you to mobile order, redeem points/stars, and participate in the bonus offers.

The smaller store def feels like they are in competition with the bigger one - not in a bad way. They run a faster and tighter ship, are more responsive to questions, and generally like sticking it to the bigger store by being busy :D (I run a coffee shop, that's my background) The West store is better and if you support it, it will justify the space, which is a good thing in terms of customers.

One other thing I noticed yesterday at DTD: the ratio of CMs dressed in business casual rather than a standard Disney uniform was much higher than I’ve ever seen it. I suspect many more execs were there to oversee operations. Which is a good thing :-).

For people going to DTD in the coming days, make sure your mask is on BEFORE approaching the temperature check line. Some people when getting out of their cars had masks in hand, but not on. When they got close to the line, the CM made sure to have them put them on. Also, if anyone was meeting their group towards the front, needing to pass other, and didn't have the mask on, they were instructed to not go near any other guests. So they are really enforcing the mask rule.

******************************************************************************************************************************
ETA:
Just got home from DTD. I left my house a little after 8. Arrived around 8:30ish. I have never been to the Simba lot so I made sure to find it. I sort of just hung around across the way near Katella and West. Once it was nearing 9:45 I went to the Simba lot. The line to park was pretty long. I came from the opposite direction so I had to U-turn in front of Paradise Pier at that light to park. Parking was easy. The line for the temp check looked longer than it was since everyone is so spaced out. I got through within a couple of minutes. BEWARE: If you stand in the sun, the thermometers might say you have a fever. They have you sit to the side and cool off for 5 minutes then re-check your temp. That happened to me (and a ton of other people). It originally showed 100.0. When I was in the shade for less than 5 minutes it went to 98.3. And now I am home, and it's 97.7 with the A/C on. So it was for sure the sun.

Everyone heads to WOD 1st. When I got in line, it was back to the exit of WOD. It went fast though. Later on they had to use the mobile queue system. Did some shopping. Then I went over to the Dress Shop to browse. Most stores had a line, but they were pretty short. The Disney Home Store's line shocked me the most. I decided to not wait in it. I browsed around to different stores. I saw great mask compliance. If you need to take a break without your mask, the area where they normally load the trams is the designated mask rest zone. I didn't go near any of the food places b/c I didn't want to be near others without masks on.

- Few things:
I saw people in bandanas and gaiters

If you have a pass that has expired, but you wanted to extend it, they ARE allowing you to use your discount on merchandise.

There is plenty of space to move around and social distance

Everyone was respectful and I didn't see people hoarding merchandise (I think day 1 had the resellers)

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s 9:21 and I’m waiting to get into DTD. Wow. Massive difference between today and Thursday. When I arrived then at around 9:30 there was a mile-long line of cars to get into the Simba lot. There’s no line that I can see this morning. I’m standing near the security kiosk by the DL hotel and there’s not a single person here. Not one. Made me wonder if DTD was even open. But a security CM approached and explained that I’d have to wait where I am until 9:35, which is fine. Really surprised, though. I wonder what crowds will be like - or won’t be like - once I’m inside. Will update later.
D1DAF286-1786-4891-B1B9-7E565A29A5BD.jpeg

See all the people that aren’t here? ;-)
2C371DC4-4DED-4844-91CD-1FCFFC8AE602.jpeg

Once I was allowed in, I was pointed to a line, which I had to join. It wasn’t especially long but it’s never nice to feel like you’re first in line..: only to be told to get in another line. In any case, crowds are a *fraction* of what they were on Thursday. I went straight to WOD and, while I had to join a queue l, I pretty much walked straight in. When I walked out, the standby queue how begun to form but wasn’t especially long. Crowds remain light. Still nice to be here. Incidentally, there was still plenty on anniversary merch at WOD. A few pics.

FE7438A9-428D-4D6A-A10E-D4D985586958.jpeg

F7630282-0719-4967-B8BE-4149E5778539.jpeg

1361D0EE-BE4A-49CD-A5DE-1AE17F268B28.jpeg

28D9E2CE-3750-48F8-BC8F-1FCFA48C0E62.jpeg

39C975BF-09E3-4C82-B655-F612D120B2F4.jpeg

EB4D9D47-6089-4DEB-AF3F-26FFB8C645C3.jpeg

B6874762-CF2C-44D1-8DD0-32BAAF2FA03A.jpeg

EF802B83-2F3C-4D99-8222-582BF0FDAD87.jpeg

EE61D094-AF87-49AA-80A2-5F8D4A1A07D0.jpeg

6C5AC450-5C99-441A-A9EA-0C1080908B5B.jpeg

Love all the pictures ! Do you think the other people inline had entered from the Harbor side entrance ?
No, I think they came from the Simba lot. As I approached WOD, I feared there’d be a massive queue From the guests who entered from Harbor. But there wasn’t :-). If WOD is important to you, the Harbor-side entrance seems like your best bet.

Another note: a CM I just spoke with told me that the capacity of DTD is controlled by the number of cars allowed to park in the Simba lot. They aim to keep DTD at half capacity so if you plan to come, best to arrive early (although today the attendance is light).

Arrived around 1105 and, like Wonkakid said, there was no line to park. I also did not have a line for temperature or bag check. Wonderground is currently lineless.

I don't plan to stay long, maybe just Marceline for me. I do feel like some guests aren't respecting distance while browsing. I played a bit of dodgeball trying to avoid crossing paths

For anyone visiting DTD today or over the weekend, could you please ask whether gaiters (with or w/o ear loops) are allowed? And report on what kind of masks you are seeing people wearing? TIA!
I saw one guest wearing a gator a few minutes ago. Everyone else was wearing a traditional mask. I asked two CMs about the policy and was told that masks are required but that, as guests are gradually welcomed back to the properties, it’ll be a learning process and, for the time being, gators will be allowed. But they also have free masks available for guests. In short, gators will be tolerated in the short term but ultimately face coverings must be form-fitting.

@WonkaKid, did you happen to notice what sizes of face masks they had at WOD? Initially online they only offered small, medium, and large. But recently they added extra large online. Just wondering if the XL masks are making their way to WOD or other stores yet.

One way walkways - entering & exiting - to DTD entrance 👍🏼
Then temp check, you group sticks together and takes temps together 👍🏼
Then bag check, take your bag off your shoulders and hold to the side & walk through a security tent with a K9 unit👍🏼
Then CM security bag check, CM behind plexiglass with space below to slide your bag, your bag is searched then directed through metal detectors 👍🏼
And in!!! 😀😀😀😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter