Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

If anyone is going this weekend, can you do me a favor and look at table spacing at Ballast and Naples? We have Naples booked for Wednesday night, but now that Ballast is open, we might switch. Thanks!
We are at Naples last weekend. Tables were well spaced out. They sat us at a huge table. We were a party of 2. I felt super comfortable there.

We are at Naples last weekend. Tables were well spaced out. They sat us at a huge table. We were a party of 2. I felt super comfortable there.
Agree that the tables at Naples were pretty well spaced apart. There is no bar seating. You will need to go inside the restaurant for the restrooms. If that will be an issue, use the restrooms in DTD before dining. I did notice that they are using the regular pitchers for refills (not just water, other beverages, too), rather than replacing the glasses each time like at other restaurants. Didn't bother us, but again -- if this is an issue, speak up.

DTD updated their safety rules and guidelines today (7/24/20):
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/experience-updates/downtown-disney/
Regarding face coverings/masks:
Face Coverings

All Guests ages 2 and older are required to bring and wear face coverings when visiting the Downtown Disney District.

All face coverings should:
  • Fully cover an individual’s nose and mouth and allow the Guest to remain hands-free
  • Fit snugly but comfortably against the side of the face
  • Be secured with ties or ear loops
  • Be made of breathable material, either disposable or reusable
At this time, neck gaiters and open-chin triangle bandanas are not acceptable face coverings.
Guests may remove their face covering while actively eating or drinking outside, stationary and maintaining appropriate physical distancing from others.

Costume masks are not considered appropriate and are prohibited from being worn, in alignment with our existing rules.
The use of face coverings is not a substitute for physical distancing.

If anyone is going this weekend, can you do me a favor and look at table spacing at Ballast and Naples? We have Naples booked for Wednesday night, but now that Ballast is open, we might switch. Thanks!
I had lunch at Naples today. I was happy with the spacing. This was my first time eating out since March.

World of disney had some new masks today. Picture below. There was one more but I decided to not buy it, from the packaging it looked like Donald’s mouth. These masks were $6/each limit 4 and there was no buy x for $y deal on them.

View attachment 513345
I read on the WDW boards that they took away the 4 for $20 deal there too. Glad I was able to get some with that before they removed it.

I love the Haunted Mansion mask!

How have crowds been at DTD lately? I’ve been seeing that parking has closed both Saturday and Sunday. I know they are only filling the Simba lot halfway, but does it seem a little busier now that more things are open?

Tuesday 7/28 around noon. Here the spacing. It’s only patio seating

I posted a longer response over in the community thread. But I went to DTD this evening. Some takeaways:

1. CM’s are very good with mask enforcement! And they do it very politely. They remind guests to cover their noses. They are also already enforcing the “no valve” mask rule. They do have disposable masks on hand just in case though!

2. Keep mask on at all times! Especially indoors.I saw a lady remove hers for a picture inside world of Disney and she was quickly reminded to put it back on.

3. there are a few XL masks in World of Disney but only in the Mickey Mouse print. They have now separated the masks by size so you don’t have to touch and look through them yourself.

4. Added a picture of the Kevin backpack. Who doesn’t love Kevin lol

5. Masks are no longer 4 for $20 ☹ They are $6 each. New attraction prints for Haunted Mansion, Tiki Room, and Small World.

6. You can still use pass discounts even if your pass has expired. Mine is technically expired but I opted for an extension.

View attachment 514556View attachment 514557View attachment 514558
The tiki print and there is also a Tomorrowland/space mountain one that are new, they did not have those on Saturday.

We went yesterday a few minutes after opening. We walked right up to temp screening, dog sniffing, and then security. We saw security immediately reminding people that they may not take off their masks for photos. We went to WOD first, and there was a line, but it moved super fast. We bought 10 masks (2 gifts, 8 for the 3 of us), and lots of other stuff. :) I bought the Hello mask and the Tiki mask. The Lego store was doing the digital line (text you when you can line up). My longest wait was to buy churro toffee. :) We had lunch at Naples and the food came quickly, and we felt very safe. It was pretty quiet down there and we left by 1:30.

Can anyone tell me what time they’ve been let into the parking lot lately for DTD? I’d like to arrive as early as possible in the morning, but not too early that the lot is not open yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter