Getting placeholder money back?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Our 2 years has come and gone. We went on a Royal cruise at Xmas because DCL had blackouts anyway and we just couldn't fit (or afford) another cruise in that time.

So, what are the steps we need to do to get our placeholder funds back? We used Costco, if that matters. Technically, since it was only a placeholder, Costco doesn't even have it on their books. We just have placeholder numbers with DCL.

In my experience they have refunded the money at 2 years.

If you assigned the place holder to Costco then you need to call them for your refund. If you didn’t assign it to them then call DCL.

You may not think you assigned it to them but if you chose to use the same agent as the sailing you booked it on then it went to Costco!

have you called DCL? I believe it will be returned to whatever card you placed payment on initially.

I haven't called anyone. I guess I could start with DCL. Actually, I'm not sure which will be a longer wait on line, Costco or DCL, lol.

Our 2 years has come and gone. We went on a Royal cruise at Xmas because DCL had blackouts anyway and we just couldn't fit (or afford) another cruise in that time.

So, what are the steps we need to do to get our placeholder funds back? We used Costco, if that matters. Technically, since it was only a placeholder, Costco doesn't even have it on their books. We just have placeholder numbers with DCL.
How was the royal cruise?

How was the royal cruise?
It was nice, but DCL is better. Even DH, who's not the Disney fan I am, said he never thought he'd say it, but DCL was better. But it's different. The ports were all nice. The ship was nice, and the buffets were good. But there wasn't a lot of really great entertainment. The shopping was all upscale and pushy, with only one small 'affordable' souvenir shop.

The people were great, but they didn't know answers and would often send you to the wrong place or just give you an answer that was wrong because they didn't know something.

There was no "unlimited" photos option, and the iFly photos were extra on top of the other package I'd bought.

The iFly wasn't as fun or long as what we can do at our local iFly and DS was underwhelmed by the 'rock climbing' wall. There was a sign for a VR experience, but no one knew anything about it. The sign was on the wall. Apparently it had been replaced a year ago, but they'd left the sign up.

There are more pools, but more people. The pools and deck area were just as crowded, if not more than on DCL and one side of the pool area is the smoking section, so that was always fun to walk through.

We liked the adult hot tubs, but only at night. They were too crowded to get in during the day and the sprays were so strong you couldn't sit with them without being wet from head to toe.

DS loved his refreshment package, but only because it allowed him all the specialty coffees and mocktails he wanted for one price. Even at that, I don't think he spent the money I paid for it, though.

Would I go again? Sure, if people I wanted to spend time with were going or I wanted a particular sailing. Would I choose it on my own? Probably not.

It was nice, but DCL is better. Even DH, who's not the Disney fan I am, said he never thought he'd say it, but DCL was better. But it's different. The ports were all nice. The ship was nice, and the buffets were good. But there wasn't a lot of really great entertainment. The shopping was all upscale and pushy, with only one small 'affordable' souvenir shop.

The people were great, but they didn't know answers and would often send you to the wrong place or just give you an answer that was wrong because they didn't know something.

There was no "unlimited" photos option, and the iFly photos were extra on top of the other package I'd bought.

The iFly wasn't as fun or long as what we can do at our local iFly and DS was underwhelmed by the 'rock climbing' wall. There was a sign for a VR experience, but no one knew anything about it. The sign was on the wall. Apparently it had been replaced a year ago, but they'd left the sign up.

There are more pools, but more people. The pools and deck area were just as crowded, if not more than on DCL and one side of the pool area is the smoking section, so that was always fun to walk through.

We liked the adult hot tubs, but only at night. They were too crowded to get in during the day and the sprays were so strong you couldn't sit with them without being wet from head to toe.

DS loved his refreshment package, but only because it allowed him all the specialty coffees and mocktails he wanted for one price. Even at that, I don't think he spent the money I paid for it, though.

Would I go again? Sure, if people I wanted to spend time with were going or I wanted a particular sailing. Would I choose it on my own? Probably not.
Thanks for the review

Mine was refunded automatically (it was over pandemic times, but I don't think that has anything to do with it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter